Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Dungeon Alphabet Sells Out...Again!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:07 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

The Dungeon Alphabet has sold out -- again! The second printing is now out of stock at the Goodman Games warehouse. You may still be able to find a copy sitting on a retailer's shelf if you act fast.

Congratulations to author Michael Curtis for a standout resource that continues to interest gamers two years after its release. And kudos to all the artists who helped bring the manuscript to life!

We're working on a revised and potentially expanded third printing. Not hugely expanded, mind you - part of the charm of the original book is its succinct utility. But Mike and I do have some great ideas for making the third printing even more interesting. More to come... :)

Post subject: Re: Dungeon Alphabet Sells Out...Again!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:25 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

I'm hoping for a third printing without the "Nice Price" graphic on the front and spine.

Either way I'll be picking up my third copy if it's revised in any manner...bought 2 copies
when I first laid eyes on it so as to give one as a gift.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:24 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Every time I read something about Dungeon Alphabet selling out I keep rushing to my bookshelf to make sure I still have my copy. Whew. 8)

Awesome that we have a double sell-out. :D

DCC RPG playtester 2011, C&C playtester 2003,T&T since 2003,
ADRP Since 1993, OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:09 pm 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

finarvyn wrote:
Every time I read something about Dungeon Alphabet selling out I keep rushing to my bookshelf to make sure I still have my copy. Whew.

Im in ur house stealin ur b00kz :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:46 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Any update on when this might be available? I just checked Amazon and there were a couple copies available... for $999. !?!?!

RoM pbp:
Hamun Ry (Wiz 4)
Str 10 Agi 15 (+1) Sta 11 Per 11 Int 17 (+2) Luc 10 (Unholy House). Align: C. AC: 14. HP: 13. Melee +1, Ranged +2. Crit: d8, I. Save: Ref +5, Fort +3, Will +4.
Spells: 1: Choking Cloud, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic (odd crystal growths), Magic Missile (mirror images), Runic Alphabet (Mortal) (ravenously hungry), Ventriloquism (rain of frogs)
2: Detect Invisible, Levitate (extremely difficult, d14), Mirror Image (20% chance to raise/lower luck by 1d3 points).
Equip: Ring of the Sand Djinn: +2 AC/saves, Invisibility for 1min/spellburn point, or unmake for great, unknown effect. Padded Armor, Longsword, Longbow, quiver w/20 steel-tipped arrows, 10 silver-tipped arrows, backpack, spellbook, quill and ink, sturdy parchment (10 sheets), 5 days rations, high leather boots, belt w/ belt pouch, gray robe, dark gray hooded cloak. Also carries 3 small mechanical toys: wind-up mouse, wooden puzzle cube, small jewelry box that plays a little tune.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

I think Joseph will have an announcement RE: the 3rd printing of the Dungeon Alphabet in the coming week, so hold on a little longer. Suffice to say, it will be a little cheaper than the current rate on Amazon!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:17 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

michaelcurtis wrote:
finarvyn wrote:
Every time I read something about Dungeon Alphabet selling out I keep rushing to my bookshelf to make sure I still have my copy. Whew.
Im in ur house stealin ur b00kz :D
Why would you steal mine if you wrote it? :lol:

Unless (1) you want to scam me into buying another one, or (2) you don't have a copy of your own book.

Seriously, #2 actually happened to me when I wrote the S&W:WB rules set. I never got a comp copy and the first run sold out. I had to go out and buy a copy of my own book used. :P

DCC RPG playtester 2011, C&C playtester 2003,T&T since 2003,
ADRP Since 1993, OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:33 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

One thing I hate about the niche aspect of our hobby is that so many of these books end up becoming collectors items. I recently discovered the White Box and just as quickly discovered it's basically impossible to buy now.

Damn it, people!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:10 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Dungeon Alphabet is a great book, and I am glad I got in before the first print sold out! Moreover, I am glad that this continues to sell out its print runs, because you guys deserve the benefits of a job very well done!

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:04 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

I ordered this a while back, anybody have any ideas on when it might ship? Just curious.

RoM pbp:
Hamun Ry (Wiz 4)
Str 10 Agi 15 (+1) Sta 11 Per 11 Int 17 (+2) Luc 10 (Unholy House). Align: C. AC: 14. HP: 13. Melee +1, Ranged +2. Crit: d8, I. Save: Ref +5, Fort +3, Will +4.
Spells: 1: Choking Cloud, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic (odd crystal growths), Magic Missile (mirror images), Runic Alphabet (Mortal) (ravenously hungry), Ventriloquism (rain of frogs)
2: Detect Invisible, Levitate (extremely difficult, d14), Mirror Image (20% chance to raise/lower luck by 1d3 points).
Equip: Ring of the Sand Djinn: +2 AC/saves, Invisibility for 1min/spellburn point, or unmake for great, unknown effect. Padded Armor, Longsword, Longbow, quiver w/20 steel-tipped arrows, 10 silver-tipped arrows, backpack, spellbook, quill and ink, sturdy parchment (10 sheets), 5 days rations, high leather boots, belt w/ belt pouch, gray robe, dark gray hooded cloak. Also carries 3 small mechanical toys: wind-up mouse, wooden puzzle cube, small jewelry box that plays a little tune.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:07 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

funkaoshi wrote:
One thing I hate about the niche aspect of our hobby is that so many of these books end up becoming collectors items. I recently discovered the White Box and just as quickly discovered it's basically impossible to buy now.

Damn it, people!

Also, I'm considering selling off my 0e and 1e books. I have a 5th printing white box with all the supplements and a 3rd printing (I think) Chainmail booklet... if I were to get a good offer on it, I'd probably let it go to a friendly home. I don't foresee myself ever wanting to play 0e really, and I'd rather sink the money into lego minis and modules. PM me if you're still looking for this. I've also got some old printings (3rds I think) of 1e PH, DMG, MM, Deities & Demigods (with Cthulhu!), Fiend Folio. Willing to part with them as well for the right price.

RoM pbp:
Hamun Ry (Wiz 4)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:35 pm 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Thanks for the offer, but I ended up buying Delving Deeper. I think i'll use that for when I want to play some very old school D&D.