The role of intelligent dinoaurs

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Derek

The role of intelligent dinoaurs

Post by Derek »

Obviously I mean in Brex. As I read all three books, I was wondering how much are the dinosaurs suppost to be Native Americans and how much are they suppost to be like humans on Planet of the Apes. Shooting and stuffing beings that can write seems wrong to me.

Otherwise I do like the setting and hope there will be a 256 page (or longer) update in the future. One that has more history, geography and dino sociology. And more classes that include non-combantants.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I'm glad you're interested in Broncosaurus Rex. It's a fun setting.

The dinosaurs represent a variety of kinds of life... some are modeled after native americans (the velociraptors in particular) while others are not. The T-rex are intelligent but in a primal, cunning way, not the sort of intelligence that builds cities (but it DOES build empires), while the protoceratops are more like "zen masters" -- learned sages and scholars with deep psionic abilities. The zuleps are savages, but intelligent savages. And so on. It depends on the creature and tribe.

As for shooting them and stuffing them, yeah, that's one of the conflicts in the world. Some offworlders just want to hunt, or farm dinoburgers-to-be, while others realize the world's native potential.

As for future expansions, the comic is finally coming together. I've been saying that for years, though, so don't take it seriously until I have something to show for it. ;) But by April or so, I should have some previews. When the comic's ready for publication I plan to start producing some new material, probably starting with adventures appearing in the comic.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
walrusjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by walrusjester »

I'm not familiar with Brex -- are the zuleps here connected to the zuleps of DragonMech?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

walrusjester wrote:I'm not familiar with Brex -- are the zuleps here connected to the zuleps of DragonMech?
Only in the sense that I always really liked the zuleps from BRex, so I figured I'd try to work them into DragonMech somehow. They're similar creatures (at least in my head)... but there's not supposed to be any connection between DragonMech and Broncosaurus Rex.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”