Arachial Errata? Aerial Adventurer's Guide Questions

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Ariakon
Ill-Fated Peasant

Arachial Errata? Aerial Adventurer's Guide Questions

Post by Ariakon »

I just purchased the Aerial Adventurer's Guide: Sky Captain's Handbook and have a few questions about the Arachial race. First, are they aberrations or humanoids? On page 9 of the Guide it says they count as aberrations, however on page 80 it lists them as humanoid. Finally, in the short adventure "Unfriendly Skies", Venom Fang the Arachial is listed as an aberration; so I am inclined to believe the Ariachials are aberration but I would like an official clarification.

My second question has to do with the Great Bulk (Ex) special quality. On page 9 of the Guide it defines the Great Bulk ability as all arachial gaining an additional d8 hit dice and twice their normal Con modifier to Hit Points at first level. However, on page 80 of the Guide there is no mention of Great Bulk (Ex) in the Arachial entry. Venom Fang in the adventure "Unfriendly Skies" appears to have the additional d8 hit dice and Great Bulk (Ex) is mentioned under his special qualities it does not appear the hit dice from Great Bulk gives him any other bonus (better sv, extra skill points, etc) than extra Hit Points. Is this why an arachial is only considered to have a LA of +1 and ECL of 1+Character Level and not an ECL of 2+Character Level {i.e. [(LA+1)+(1HD)]+Character Level}.

Any Clarification would be Great!

Regards,
Ariakon
Ariakon
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Ariakon »

Any takers?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Man... we published that book like, what, 4 years ago? Sorry man, I just don't recall off the top of my head. When I get a chance I will grab a copy of the book and try to refresh my memory, but it might not be right away. Buy something we published in 2007 and you'll get a faster answer. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Ariakon
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Ariakon »

goodmangames wrote:Man... we published that book like, what, 4 years ago? Sorry man, I just don't recall off the top of my head. When I get a chance I will grab a copy of the book and try to refresh my memory, but it might not be right away. Buy something we published in 2007 and you'll get a faster answer. :)
Any luck on this? I'll have you know I did recently purchase 7 DCC adventures from my FLGS(Revenge of the Rat King, Aerie of the Crow God, Mysteries of the Drow, Curse of the Emerald, Citadel of the Demon, The Slithering Overlord, and Secret of the Stonearm.) I just have a PC who was interested in the Arachials. (We have an evil campaign going.)
Ariakon
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Ariakon »

Wow! Crickets!!
Ariakon
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Arachial Errata? Aerial Adventurer's Guide Questions

Post by Ariakon »

Lots of Crickets................................................ :?
dulsi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Arachial Errata? Aerial Adventurer's Guide Questions

Post by dulsi »

I just bought Aerial Adventure Guide. I would have to say p80 listing Arachial as humanoid is a mistake and should be aberration.

The Great Bulk quality is a little harder. I think the intent is to give them 1HD with the other benefits so they still get 4x skill points of their class instead. If that is the case they would be ECL 1+Character Levels. I think I would probably just modify them to had 1HD of aberration to make it more consistent with other monster races and make it LA +0.
Dennis Payne
Identical Games

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”