Blackmoor misspelling

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

iceberg
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Blackmoor misspelling

Post by iceberg »

On page 5 of the PDF, 182 of the book, of the preview for Blackmoor released on 8-1-2004, the word Helmet is misspelled. Were it anywhere but the title of the New Wondrous Item, it probably wouldn't be that noticeable.
Punching holes in your soul like it's the hull of the Titanic
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Blackmoor misspelling

Post by goodmangames »

iceberg wrote:On page 5 of the PDF, 182 of the book, of the preview for Blackmoor released on 8-1-2004, the word Helmet is misspelled. Were it anywhere but the title of the New Wondrous Item, it probably wouldn't be that noticeable.
Uh.... no, didn't you know? In the, uh, ancient Blackmoorian language of Blackmoorglish, that's how you spell "helmet"! Duh.

:P

Too bad it's already gone to the printer. Ain't nothing we can do now!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
iceberg
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by iceberg »

:lol:

Trust me. I'm not really one for being the greatest speller in the world myself. It wont keep me from buying it the instant I see it on my gaming store's shelves.
Punching holes in your soul like it's the hull of the Titanic
Black Knight
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Blackmoor misspelling

Post by Black Knight »

iceberg wrote:On page 5 of the PDF, 182 of the book, of the preview for Blackmoor released on 8-1-2004, the word Helmet is misspelled. Were it anywhere but the title of the New Wondrous Item, it probably wouldn't be that noticeable.
In keeping with the "unusual sense of humor" that the deisgners of Blackmoor have (including Dave's very cool sense of humor), you may see this misspelling quite a bit in the future. We may just do it on purpose and announce that's how dwarves spell helmet.. or that a helemet is actually a special dwarven helmet that is heavier and winged. (Good catch, we will endeavor to make all the spelling errors go away in the next product.)
JP Quinn
Owner, Dolmen Creative
Giving dice to your imagination!
Goodman Games Writing Credits: A few 3E DCCs, a Complete Guide, and a few books for Blackmoor.

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”