At least one error . . .

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

At least one error . . .

Post by Guest »

I have to say that this book has some very useful information. Just the preview .pdf alone gave me enough information to make an effective fighter that put Improved Trip to good use.

I have noticed an error that should have been avoided with a little fact-checking, however. On page 65, in discussing the relative merits of scimitars over rapiers, the book states "scimitars are slashing, which means the4y are eligible for the keen edge spell and magic enhancement. The rapier is piercing, which means you'd have to spend a feat to increase this (sic) effectiveness of this weapon."

Keen Edge is not limited to slashing weapons, but to piercing and slashing weapons. Likewise, the Keen magical weapon ability can be placed on both slashing and piercing weapons. Is there some other "magic enhancement" I'm not aware of that's limited to slashing weapons only? If not, then it would appear that rapiers are in fact superior to scimitars, since Weapon Finessse can be used with them.

Post by Guest »

Bah. I screwed up that last post. It should have been a reply to the comment on the Warrior's Strategy Guide.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I'm glad you enjoyed the book. There was a LOT of fact-checking that went into it -- four sets of eyes, in fact -- but a few things slipped through. In reference to your question, I believe you're correct. I'll have to check with the authors to see if there's more to the story that didn't get expressed properly, but you're right that keen edge is clearly for both piercing and slashing.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”