How do you use Broncosaurus Rex?

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Eryx
Wild-Eyed Zealot

How do you use Broncosaurus Rex?

Post by Eryx »

As the title says, how do you use the books?

Currently, I am writing a campaign using D20 western rules (Sidewinder) for a [i]Valley of Gwangi[/i] style game in the old west.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I was waiting for someone to tell me they were doing that! Ever since Sidewinder came out it seemed to be a natural conclusion for combining the two.

I've heard from other people about combining BRex with other campaign settings and I think a lot of people might be doing it. One guy at Origins told me he was using velociraptors in his Star Wars campaign! That I'd love to see.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Eryx
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Eryx »

Raptor's in Star Wars? What a concept! :D
---

Staunch anti-4E. Nuff said.
Mr. Author
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Mr. Author »

I'm using the dinosaur stats as a quick reference when running Crystal Legacy adventures. It's great to not have to create a whole new set of stats whenever the party wants to, oh, say, track down a Troodon that's been plundering local convenience store garbage and release him in a state park or something.
(insert witty phrase)
Kane
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Kane »

As an old fan of the works of Frank Frazetta, E. R. Burroughs, R.E. Howard and C.A. Smith, I've combined Broncosaurus Rex with the Slaine RPG to produce a hybrid of fantasy/sci-fi.

The characters are the barbarian decendents of a colony ship that crashed on a planet several hundred years ago. This planet is populated by creatures that appear to be prehistoric beasts from earth's past.

Some of the tribes have learned to communicate with these beasts, others use them only as domesticated animals and still other worship them as gods. There is an on going war with the intellegent natives of this world, the raptors, and soon both sides will have to deal with the beings that placed the dinos, and giant mammals, there in the first place.

I am thinking about adding elements from Call of Cthulhu D20 into the mix but I have not made up my mind yet.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Kane wrote:The characters are the barbarian decendents of a colony ship that crashed on a planet several hundred years ago. This planet is populated by creatures that appear to be prehistoric beasts from earth's past.
Wow! That sounds really cool. It's exactly the sort of thing that Frazetta would illustrate. I have a lot of old pulp sci-fi comics and I can see this world fitting right into them.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Golem2176
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Golem2176 »

I have a map of prehistoric America. I plan on using it in a campaign, where nothing has changed from then, with the exception of human evolution. It will be a mix of modern and prehistoric. However, it will be more of a fantasy world. I plan to use Dinosaurs that never were as soon as I can scrape some money together for it. I am currently developing the world as a godless campaign, and instead of standard clerics I plan to use shamans and a type of variant (clerical) elementalist.
azpcrepair.com

"I'll swallow your soul," Deadite qoute
"Only if I don't kill you with my +4 Keen Chain Saw first!" - Me
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

That sounds intriguing. I'd be interested in hearing how it goes!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”