Idea Pool

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Zane
Ill-Fated Peasant

Idea Pool

Post by Zane »

Hey all. Not been much action on the forums recently, so I thought I'd post something. Although this topic has already been covered (slightly, anyhow) in some of the other message threads, more brainstorming and fan feedback is ALWAYS a good thing. :) So, as the subject says, lets make this thread an idea pool for Mr. Goodman and his staff to borrow items from. What do you want to see? Got a cool idea? Post them!

Well, we know that Big Game Hunters and Tusk wars are in the works. What else sounds good?

I personally would like to see more done with some of the inner seas and the dinosaurs that inhabit them. Maybe do tidbits on Pleisiosaur Bay and other "water based" locales, or perhaps a valley whose majority is ocean, albeit with a resource rich island in the center, and sand beaches along the edges. A sourcebook to flesh out the crystal desert or other exotic locales also sounds good. Anyhoo, write down your ideas! It would give this lonely gamestore clerk something to read while on shift...

Zane
snakewing
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by snakewing »

A book on the kinds of ships used by the Human factions. I'd really like to get some kind of stats for one of the Free Fleet's City-Ships, at least.

A few more alien races would be good. Man cannot live on Scray alone.

I'd really like to see if genetic engineering is ever used in the Broncosaurus Rex world. Think of the combinations/results you could come up with if scientists worked towards genetically engineering dinosaurs, cancelling out bad traits and enhancing others.
Zane
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Zane »

Hey, there's an idea. A sourcebook about the different cybernetic augmentations that the Union or other factions are attempting on different dinosaurs. Maybe have some templates for different setup schemes, or provide the cybernetics as bought equipment.

I wonder if a book of published adventures/encounters for BR would sell well.. Or maybe a freebie fan-based online adventure supplement...

Keep the ideas comin'!
Zane
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Zane »

After rereading the other posts, I am inclined to agree with gregdetwiler. A sourcebook detailing the giant insects of the blue pygmy planet would be very good, and would offer more animals of low CR for those first and second level campaigns.

Mike_Ferguson also presented a cool idea about prehistoric man being present on Cretasus. This sounds like a very good concept, and would perhaps add some more playable races to the base game. I can just imagine playing a neandertal wild one, running through the jungle and clubbin' stuff.

Keep a'postin...
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

These are all very cool ideas... I'm definitely paying attention. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Zane
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Zane »

Hey all. Just ran my first game, and now I firmly believe that there is a definite need for more CR 1 or less creatures. After last nights escapades (having a single oviraptor tear up two party members), I would love to see a giant insect/mammal/vermin book, to allow more flexibility with low level campaigns. Might also provide more mounts for unique bronco riders. Just my two cents.

Keep'm comin'..
Zane
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Zane »

Here's another nifty idea I thought I'd share. How about a specialized equipment guide? It could detail special items such as dinosaur harnesses, vehicles, items made from dinosaur byproducts, new products from the prehistoric plant life on Cretasus, more dinosaur armor and weapons, ect.

It would be neat to see the unique items that could be created.

Keep Postin'.
TyranosaurusTex
Ill-Fated Peasant

Stuff I would like to see

Post by TyranosaurusTex »

I would like to see some published adventures as well. I think a book on ALL the dino social structures would be great, especially if you wanted to make a wild one who didn't hang out with protoceratops or Raptors.
Dinosaurs ruled the earth for over 100 million years, we only have 99,900,000 years to go to match it. God save the world if we make it!

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”