You know... whatever.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

gamerprinter
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Gamerprinter's Map Emporeum

Post by gamerprinter »

GnomeBoy wrote:Congratulations! :D
Thanks, GnomeBoy!

Also the reviews are coming in for the adventures and supplements.

1. In the Company of Tengu - a PC race book with racial paragons, archetypes and 10 new feats for the Tengu (birdlike sentient humans of Kaidan) has earned three 5 star ratings and one 4 star rating.

2. The Gift, Curse of the Golden Spear: 1 - the first Kaidan adventure has earned eight 5 star ratings (PDF released on June 1).

3. Dim Spirit, Curse of the Golden Spear: 2 - the second adventure has earned two 5 star ratings so far (PDF released on July 1).

4. Dark Path, Curse of the Golden Spear: 3 will be released on August 1, and the print editions of all three adventures will be available at and by Gencon.

I've got a plethora of Kaidan supplements coming out in addition to the "ItC Tengu", including In the Company of Kappa, In the Company of Henge; The Way of the Yakuza (a faction book with new classes, archetypes, organization, new feats, new spells) which will be followed with one for the Samurai, one for the Shinobi, and one for the evil organizations that support the shogunate. I've got a "weapons of legacy" like book on Honor based Ancestral Items and Weapons. We've got two Con scenarios that were run at Origins and may be run at Gencon as well.

So lots of good Kaidan news and new products coming!

Michael
gamerprinter
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by gamerprinter »

The value at looking at old threads...

After I got back from gaming last Saturday (or early Sunday morning) before I went to bed, I checked my Email and quickly visited some of the forums I visit and stopped here. I noticed the Orc Raid map on the bottom of page 1 of this thread as well as the 'cover design' art on the top of page 2 of this thread. A thought occurred to me. Wouldn't this make an interesting game product for a target of Christmas time - following the theme in the story and map "yuleblood"...

I have been working with Rite Publishing developing my Kaidan setting, and I've learned a lot about publishing while involved in that, and thought, I'd like to experiment in developing and releasing a quality product completely on my own - as in using my Gamer Printshop label as my publishing label.

So I sent an Email to Jonathan McAnulty who as been writing/designing most of my Kaidan setting material - which have earned nothing, but 5 star reviews. I asked if he'd be interested in writing and designing a product that includes a PC race book on orcs included with a complete one level adventure using those rules. He said, he'd do it. So I contacted an editor I know who is familiar with my products and asked if she'd get involved. She said, she'd do it.

So now I'm inquiring to a couple fine illustrators I know for cover designs and illustrations and got some good prices.

Mind you, all this was at 3:00 AM Sunday morning. I went to went and when I got up, a publication was in the works. Although the work won't start until after Gen Con, it looks like in addition to the projects I am already involved in, I've got an Orc's christmas raid adventure and race book in the works for a hopeful Thanksgiving Day release.

The race book will feature 'in character' origin of species, background and orc society, then alternate racial traits, preferred classes, orc archetypes of various classes, a 20 level racial paragon class for an 'orc raider', then new feats, new items, new weapons, perhaps some Orcish Honor and Glory rules. This will preceed a one level (probably 1st, 2nd or 3rd level) adventure featuring PC orc raiders hitting all the favorite D&D races in one winter raid.

It sounds like a fun project, and that it happened based on looking at this thread and a couple Email inquiries - kinda cool!

GP
gamerprinter
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by gamerprinter »

Haven't posted any maps in a while. I decided to participate in this month's mapping challenge at the Cartographers' Guild as I hadn't done that in a while. The theme for the challenge was to create a Mountain Themed map. I opted to create a tengu village, called Akayama (red mountain). This is my hand-drawn style and using my stacked beveled shapes technique just to show the trail climbing the mountain more effectively.

Enjoy!

GP

Here's a link to the full scale map: Akayama village mountain
gamerprinter
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by gamerprinter »

I decided to participate in this month's Mapping Challenge at the Cartographers' Guild - create a dragon's lair.

I used my photorealistic style for this (as something different) and there's all kinds of interesting details included, such as a half submerged ballista in the pool chamber - top center, an offal chamber in top right with some dung piles and a urine pool (you don't see that too often in a dragon's lair, but they got to go somewhere...), interesting treasure bits in the dragon hoard in bottom left chamber. About 5 skeletons mark the floor in various places. The corner pieces and center of the compass rose is of an Anglo-Saxon brooch image I found online for reference. The title font is Anglo Saxon, while the text font is (believe it or not) called Magic the Gathering.

This map is 100 ppi, measuring approx: 26" x 38" as a JPG.

Enjoy!

Michael "GP" Tumey

Link to full size map: Wyrm Sign map

gamerprinter
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by gamerprinter »

Since Paizo's Jade Regent Adventure Path - #6 The Empty Throne has finally been released, I now have permission to post my original hand-drawn map for the City of Kasai, capital of the Minkai Empire, that Paizo commissioned me to create, so their inhouse cartographer could use it to reference, and keep all the maps looking consistent. Now that I have the printed adventure in my hands, I can see that nothing has been altered in any way from my original work - except this is a full color map, whereas mine was just hand-drawn line art.

Also, there are four entries in the gazetteer for specific locations I placed in the map, so I have been included as the last contributing author for The Empty Throne adventure.

This map contains over 8500+ buildings, it took me 12 hours over 2 days to create, and proved to be a bear of map to work.

Since this is lineart, a thumbnail would look like a mass of blurred pixels, so I've only posted a link to the full map...

City of Kasai map

Enjoy!
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

That's pretty flippin' awesome. :D
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
gamerprinter
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by gamerprinter »

GnomeBoy wrote:That's pretty flippin' awesome. :D
Thanks, GnomeBoy!
gamerprinter
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by gamerprinter »

Next map for Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story setting, for Way of the Samurai supplement.

Link to larger map - Kawashi town map.

Enjoy!

Michael

Return to “Everything Else”