Loggin problems

You know... whatever.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Loggin problems

Post by Skyscraper »

Hi,

Per gnomeboy's request http://unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic ... 244#p41244, he seems to have problems logging in. (He's bygrinstow on that forum.)

Here is the text form the above hyperlink. Don't know who might look into this?

WEIRD INTERNET STUFF

I think we're all also on the Goodman Games Forums, right?

Brett ('beermotor' on the forum) and myself are apparently locked out of the GG forums. Brett couldn't get the site to load, and sent me an e-mail to post on his behalf. When I went to post it, I got an error message, and then shortly I couldn't get the site to load at all. I've tried a few obvious things like clearing my browser cache -- but I've also tried the second computer we have here at home, and it won't load there either. That makes me think it's not something to do with my computer (nor anybody else's), but rather IP addresses being blocked by the GG server, or somesuch. I'm not tremendously tech savvy, but that at least sounds like a thing.

I also seem to recall someone from a couple or three months ago complaining of the same thing -- not sure if they have since resolved it or not... But it does suggest a pattern of some kind. Are we possibly visiting/posting 'too much' and the server automatically thinks we're spammers and has blocked our IP addresses?

Could someone from here get in touch with an admin there and see if they can dig anything up on this? Thanks a million.
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Loggin problems

Post by GnomeBoy »

Problem solved, thanks to the help of some cool folks around here! :D

Apparently, our IP addresses got blocked as suspected spammers... Not sure if it was any of our actions, but the official word was 'too many failed log in attempts' which may have come from someone (spammers) trying to sneak in using our own accounts. Yikes!

Thanks again to everyone that has helped with the fix! :D I brought donuts and homemade pie...
Attachments
roobub2.jpg
roobub2.jpg (161.17 KiB) Viewed 7253 times
donuts.jpg
donuts.jpg (69.81 KiB) Viewed 7253 times
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “Everything Else”