Shadowrun

You know... whatever.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Shadowrun

Post by TheNobleDrake »

I found that I have a couple of questions for the board - anybody around here besides me that likes Shadowrun? (1st through 4th, any of the video games, I like it all).

It was the second RPG that I ever played and it has always held a very special place with me - including that when I fled New Orleans area to escape Hurricane Katrina in 2005, it was one of the only gaming books (it's binding worn through from repeated use and hole-punched into a binder, erratum scribbled on the pages and all that jazz) that I slipped in my pack to carry along.

Turns out there are some big things going on with the Shadowrun product now too - a couple of video games set to come out next year, one that has achieve great funding from Kickstarter, and another that could use a little help if there are any fans around with the means.

I don't have a link, but if you like Shadowrun (or just like MMOs with a little unique flare), head over to kickstarter.com and check out the Shadowrun Online project.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Shadowrun

Post by GnomeBoy »

Shadowrun was a big part of my 'return to gaming', which started in the late 80s. At first it seemed a little odd (D&D and Cyberpunk had a baby...), but the sessions were always great fun, due to the breadth of the concept, I think.

It's a game I sometimes itch to play again, but I'm not a fan of MMOs...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Shadowrun

Post by TheNobleDrake »

It's shaping up not to be that much of an MMO - multi-player, online, and with access to massive numbers of players yes... but built around small-team based missions and functioning like a digital simulation of the Shadowrun 4 edition rules set (so Karma and trait levels rather than XP and character levels).

It's more like a game with online multi-player, which you can play solo simply by hiring AI NPCs into your team, that happens to have a "lobby" that is your character wandering around the city instead of just a list/screen setup.

Return to “Everything Else”