Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Happy Dance
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:49 am 
Ill-Fated Peasant

Having been through the 70's, 80's and beyond as a role-player, I have one simple plea to the fine folks who have made this game possible: please don't flood the market with expansions that include every kind of race, class and tweak imaginable. I've seen it happen with every RPG that I loved, and even Magic: The Gathering. Too much of a good thing ruins anything. I love the job you've already done, and would like to see just a few more classes and races, for flavor, but personally I love what you've done and that it's brought things back to the days when just one book was needed to play. The modules are great, and it's my fervent hope that the people involved can keep things locked down. I love Appendix N, being a crusty old geek, and agree that the game as it stands does a fine job of allowing players to be those heroes we read in cheap paperbacks of old. I read DCC in one night, which I haven't done since the original D&D Players Handbook, and got that "old" feeling and did a happy dance. My hat's off to you; kudos all around.

Ed

Post subject: Re: Happy Dance
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:01 pm 
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

edburke63 wrote:
Having been through the 70's, 80's and beyond as a role-player, I have one simple plea to the fine folks who have made this game possible: please don't flood the market with expansions that include every kind of race, class and tweak imaginable

viewtopic.php?p=82140#p82140
goodmangames wrote:
No plans for additional rule books. Core book, one annual a year, and a lot of adventures. Each adventure is almost all new monsters, and they occasionally include new spells where appropriate (as seen in People of the Pit). Given the volume of requests for new patrons, deities, and spells, I believe those are natural topics to include in the first annual. Not sure on including monsters...I am more inclined to include tools to help the judge create his own monsters, rather than statted-out creatures.