Greetings!

You know... whatever.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Sellix
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Greetings!

Post by Sellix »

Hello everyone,

While I may be new to this forum, I've been an admirer of one of GG's most prominent products - Dragonmech, for quite awhile.

As a tabletop RPG gamer, I've never actively participated in that form of gaming in my life with the exception of a single seven hour session of D&D two years ago. That doesn't mean I do not like to play, I loved what I experienced then...

But I never quite got a chance to do it again.

Regardless, I love the idea of tabletop gaming and as a result, I spend a lot of time reading through tabletop RPG manuals. I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm like Tycho from Penny Arcade and I have a fetish for large instruction manuals.

Sometime ago, I heard mention of a fabulous campaign setting when I complained that D&D was simply too... fantastical for my rugged tastes. I wanted steampunk and I pointed an accusatory finger at Eberron for not giving me enough of that (though that does not mean it is a bad setting, anyway). The manager of the local gamestore suggested 'Dragonmech'. This instantly caught my attention, not because of the 'dragon' but the 'mech' part of that word.

Since the store did not carry the book (and I was too stupid at the time to ask if they could order it in) I was forced to wander about, wondering what this strange campaign setting really is and how it treats mechs.

A few weeks later, I decided to venture to my local geek store. I asked if they could order a copy of Dragonmech in and, success! They did. Two weeks later, Goodman sent over a copy of the book which I now happily read through repeatedly so that hopefully the rules will be memorized well enough that I might one day try to run a game of Dragonmech where I live.

I also plan to buy one or two of the Dragonmech supplements sometime this year.

I'm sorry if I have rambled on and turned what was supposed to be a short hello into a lengthy narrative which explains my presence here here, but I attribute that to the fact that I am very thirsty for lemonade. I think I'll go get some now.
"What? What's wrong with shaving with a power tool?" -Sellix as he's applying a circular sanding saw to his beard.
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Hello, and welcome! I'm a fan of DragonMech fans, so I'm glad to have you here.
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Welcome to the boards! Good to have you. If you happen to live in an area that has local conventions, you may be able to find some kindred spirits looking to game. http://www.warhorn.net/ is always a good spot to find a nearby con.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
walrusjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Blatant Plug!

Post by walrusjester »

And it's been pointed out to you, has it not, that we're developing a tabletop mech combat game in the DragonMech setting?
DragonMech line developer, freelance writer, tall guy named Matt.
Sellix
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Blatant Plug!

Post by Sellix »

walrusjester wrote:And it's been pointed out to you, has it not, that we're developing a tabletop mech combat game in the DragonMech setting?
Yessir. Know of it. I was reading about it long ago and when it gets released I might actually pick it up.

Thank you, also, GG, for the link!
"What? What's wrong with shaving with a power tool?" -Sellix as he's applying a circular sanding saw to his beard.

Return to “Everything Else”