Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:07 pm 
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

What was the cause of the CW TPK?

Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:15 am 

Well my Wednesday group has had a change of plans. Our Deadlands campaign is on hold :( and we are finally going to try 4E. I'm really disappointed that we are switching things up. I was having the best time playing in the weird west. I'm going to try and be adult about this and not pout since the rest of the group seems keen on trying it. However I really have little interest in this new edition. Maybe I will be surprised and enjoy myself despite the changes. I think this 4E character is going to be very hack and slash with evil lets kill them all tendencies. :twisted:

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:45 pm 
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Jengenritz wrote:
What was the cause of the CW TPK?

Actually petty rivalry and infighting :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:40 am 

Quote:
Actually petty rivalry and infighting

HA! Ah, hereos. With so much in the world trying to kill them, when will they learn that it makes no sense to turn on each other....

Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:56 pm 
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

My group has played most of the way through Forgotten Portal over the last week and I must say it's a great module! Fighting the T-Rex then running into that mummy was more than challenging, but still really fun. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:47 am 

My Saturday group has broken up. A few of us decided to try playing online with the free openRPG program. None of us have tried this before so it should be interesting. We are going back to 3.5 for this one. We are going to play through an adventure called The Grey Citadel. I am going to invite some old friends that live far away hoping they can join us since distance wont be a factor anymore. :)

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:56 pm 
Ill-Fated Peasant

I have started a Pathfinder RPG game using my own fantasy game world. We had three sessions so far and everyone likes it.......

Linux Minion #299419
Pathfinder and C&C RPG advocate.

"Mage: Haha! I just wish I was there so see his face when he opens it. Wait....am I still wearing that Ring of Wishing??? *poof*"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:19 pm 
Ill-Fated Peasant

Modified 3.5, maybe moving to include more Patherfinder once it comes out in hardcopy next month.

Visit the scenic and magical Sea of Stars!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

We're still playing 3.5 -- or should I say 'back to playing 3.5'...? One member is agitating to switch to Pathfinder, but the rest of us are, shall we say, 'reluctant' to spend money on a game that's very similar to what we have. Are we still tripping up occasionally on rules switches from 3.0 to 3.5? Yes, is the short answer. (I give short answers, since their easier to type here from the short bus.) Do we want to blur three systems together and bog down the sessions? My personal answer is 'no'.

We rotate GMing duties. Given that I have about two or three years worth of 3.5 material I could run (four? Castle Whiterock, I'm looking at you! ...lustily...), and that others have material as well, I don't predict switching systems in the near future. I will take a serious look at either/both D&D 5th Edition or Pathfinder Redux when they come along....

Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:47 pm 
Ill-Fated Peasant

Right now I'm setting things up for Pathfinder in my own custom world. I am looking to convert the dinosaurs of Broncosaurus Rex for something almost resembling Dinotopia although I may steal a few ideas from Dragonmech as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:18 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Pathfinder Call of Cthulhu, Mongoose Traveller

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:39 pm 
Ill-Fated Peasant

What am I playing? 3.5 D&D, straight WOTC rulebooks, self-written adventures. Throw in two possible groups to play with, and I'm set for a while.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5