What are you playing?

Talk about rules, campaigns, worlds, products, other companies, D&D in general, and anything else d20 or D&D related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Jengenritz »

What was the cause of the CW TPK?
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
DCCfan
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

Well my Wednesday group has had a change of plans. Our Deadlands campaign is on hold :( and we are finally going to try 4E. I'm really disappointed that we are switching things up. I was having the best time playing in the weird west. I'm going to try and be adult about this and not pout since the rest of the group seems keen on trying it. However I really have little interest in this new edition. Maybe I will be surprised and enjoy myself despite the changes. I think this 4E character is going to be very hack and slash with evil lets kill them all tendencies. :twisted:
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Jengenritz wrote:What was the cause of the CW TPK?
Actually petty rivalry and infighting :oops:
Roll for initiative!!!
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

Actually petty rivalry and infighting
HA! Ah, hereos. With so much in the world trying to kill them, when will they learn that it makes no sense to turn on each other....
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

My group has played most of the way through Forgotten Portal over the last week and I must say it's a great module! Fighting the T-Rex then running into that mummy was more than challenging, but still really fun. ;)
DCCfan
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

My Saturday group has broken up. A few of us decided to try playing online with the free openRPG program. None of us have tried this before so it should be interesting. We are going back to 3.5 for this one. We are going to play through an adventure called The Grey Citadel. I am going to invite some old friends that live far away hoping they can join us since distance wont be a factor anymore. :)
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Grendel T. Troll
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Grendel T. Troll »

I have started a Pathfinder RPG game using my own fantasy game world. We had three sessions so far and everyone likes it.......
Grendel T. Troll
Linux Minion #299419
Pathfinder and C&C RPG advocate.

"Mage: Haha! I just wish I was there so see his face when he opens it. Wait....am I still wearing that Ring of Wishing??? *poof*"
Knight of Roses
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Knight of Roses »

Modified 3.5, maybe moving to include more Patherfinder once it comes out in hardcopy next month.
"Walk with Honor."

Visit the scenic and magical Sea of Stars!
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

We're still playing 3.5 -- or should I say 'back to playing 3.5'...? One member is agitating to switch to Pathfinder, but the rest of us are, shall we say, 'reluctant' to spend money on a game that's very similar to what we have. Are we still tripping up occasionally on rules switches from 3.0 to 3.5? Yes, is the short answer. (I give short answers, since their easier to type here from the short bus.) Do we want to blur three systems together and bog down the sessions? My personal answer is 'no'.

We rotate GMing duties. Given that I have about two or three years worth of 3.5 material I could run (four? Castle Whiterock, I'm looking at you! ...lustily...), and that others have material as well, I don't predict switching systems in the near future. I will take a serious look at either/both D&D 5th Edition or Pathfinder Redux when they come along....
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Kodyax
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Kodyax »

Right now I'm setting things up for Pathfinder in my own custom world. I am looking to convert the dinosaurs of Broncosaurus Rex for something almost resembling Dinotopia although I may steal a few ideas from Dragonmech as well.
qstor
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by qstor »

Pathfinder Call of Cthulhu, Mongoose Traveller
"I waste it with my Hackmaster +12" Dave KODT

Twitter: @qstor2
3.5Player
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by 3.5Player »

What am I playing? 3.5 D&D, straight WOTC rulebooks, self-written adventures. Throw in two possible groups to play with, and I'm set for a while.

Return to “d20/D&D Conversation”