What are you playing?

Talk about rules, campaigns, worlds, products, other companies, D&D in general, and anything else d20 or D&D related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

I am playing D&D3.x at the moment (midway through DCC#8 actually). We had a side game going of Classic D&D ,but it morphed into C&C. At the end of our main campaign (currently level 10) we are going to promote the side game of C&C (currently level 2) and try to finish it's campaign.
We did a one-shot adventure of SilverAge Sentinels last month. It went okay, but didn't seem as cool as the TriStat version (we tried the d20 version).
MrsCharlie and I play T&T when no one else is looking. :shock:
Roll for initiative!!!
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

new DnD campaign

Post by joela »

goodmangames wrote: Me, I'm about to start a new D&D campaign set in a world of medieval fantasy mechs that I made up. It's like BattleTech but in the year 1300, with mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves. Sometime next year it will probably get published...
Just discovered this.

Any more news on when it'll get published in 2009? There should be enough conversion forum posts for me to use it in my 3.x/Pathfinder games by that time.
What do you mean no?
Arek
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Arek »

I actually play a mix of stuff. The primary source is the variant DnD rules done by Frank and K, because they make sense, close some loopholes, and let non-casters at least stay in the game compared to casters.
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

who?

Post by joela »

Arek wrote:I actually play a mix of stuff. The primary source is the variant DnD rules done by Frank and K....
Who? Linky?
What do you mean no?
Arek
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: who?

Post by Arek »

joela wrote:
Arek wrote:I actually play a mix of stuff. The primary source is the variant DnD rules done by Frank and K....
Who? Linky?

I made a thread to sample some of their stuff on this very board, but I don't think the links to the links worked since The Gaming Den moved.

Tome of Necromancy
http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=34248

Tome of Fiends
http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=28828

Dungeonomicon
http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=28547

Races of War
http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=33294

Read 'em in order.
Arek
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Arek »

I notice that quieted people down.
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

quiet

Post by joela »

Arek wrote:I notice that quieted people down.
Eh?
What do you mean no?
Arek
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: quiet

Post by Arek »

joela wrote:
Eh?
Just something I've noticed about myself and message boards. A lot of times, I post in a topic and then there falls a Great Silence.
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

silence

Post by joela »

Arek wrote:
joela wrote:
Eh?
Just something I've noticed about myself and message boards. A lot of times, I post in a topic and then there falls a Great Silence.
Ah.
What do you mean no?
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: quiet

Post by GnomeBoy »

Arek wrote:Just something I've noticed about myself and message boards. A lot of times, I post in a topic and then there falls a Great Silence.
Hey! That's one of my superpowers, too! Both here and over at WotC Forums...

It could just be I don't know when to shut up... :mrgreen:

As for what I'm playing now, we're working through the big hardcover Shadowdale book.

I'm hoping to run a string of DCC's in the summer or fall. :D
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
sbaldrick
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by sbaldrick »

I am currently playing 3.5 and GURPS. Until a few months ago, I was also playing Mutants and Masterminds.
Jonathan_Shade
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Jonathan_Shade »

Running a 2nd ADnD game campaign [homebrewed] since '92. We are looking at generating a new custom campaign world using 2nd edition and/or Pathfinder RPG rules once this campaign is finished.
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

goodmangames wrote:Just curious what sort of d20 stuff people are playing lately, in addition to our stuff. Straight WotC D&D? Variant D&D campaigns? Spycraft? Whose products do you use? And so on.

Me, I'm about to start a new D&D campaign set in a world of medieval fantasy mechs that I made up. It's like BattleTech but in the year 1300, with mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves. Sometime next year it will probably get published...
Straight WotC stuff. We are playing Keep on the Shadowfell bi-weekly and on the alternating weeks we are playing the Age of Worms adventure path (Dungeon Magazine) which we just converted our 12th level characters to 4E with the leaked pdf's.
Hamakto
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Hamakto »

Our group currently plays WOTC DnD with a liberal application of 3pp modules.

We made a mistake of allowing all official WOTC content when we started the campaing and a few characters got out of whack.

We are currently evaluating if we are going to switch to 4e, but at this point in time it does not seem probable.

The only reason we are going to even be playing 4e DnD in the next few months is to brush up for the DCC tourney. Depending on how things go, this may be my last DCC tourney as I am not going to be buying enough 4e materials to stay current and competative for it.

I wish GG good luck with 4e, but after reading the GSL license and some of the threads about it, I would carefully talk to a lawyer before butting your business at the mercy of WOTC.
Andy
Blood Kings
2007 & 2008 DCC Tourney Champion
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

I've been playing a modified FUDGE sci-fi game for a while.

It's...refreshingly simple.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Hybban
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Hybban »

Every other sunday, I play in a 3.5 campaigns that started with Shatered Gates of Slaughterguard and is now in Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (Barovia is a blast...).

Every Other Saturday, I play the 3.5 version of the Dragonlance campaign, the original, not the War of Soul ones.

Every Wednesday, I play in a homebrew DD4 campaign.

One saturday per month, I'll play in a DD4 campaign (probably begining with KotS) sarting in July.

Every other Friday, I run a C&C campaign, where I pick my inspiration in modules from TLG, GG and Paizo.

Every other sunday, I'll run a DD4 campaign (I've chosen Halls of the Minotaur and Into the wilds to begin, then maybe direction castle whiterock, or at least Cillamar).

That is mostly it (with some one shots with friends once in a while, MRQ, Dread lately).

I'm not really happy to go on with 3.5 games (I've never liked that system), but they are good friends and we have fun, so the hell with this game where I never remember what my character can do after level 5 :)

Hyb'
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Hybban wrote:Every other sunday, etc. etc. etc.
And, erm, when do you find time to eat and sleep? :shock:

Evidently, you are doing all the gaming I think about doing. Give me my games back...! :twisted:
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Hybban
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Hybban »

GnomeBoy wrote:And, erm, when do you find time to eat and sleep? :shock:
I must admit that this is the tricky part, but I've reduced the video game and TV part to achieve this :)

As for the games... Do you live near Charlotte? :twisted:

Hyb'
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Hybban wrote:As for the games... Do you live near Charlotte? :twisted:
lol... it's a mere 3000 mile drive! :?

Hybban
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Hybban »

GnomeBoy wrote:
Hybban wrote:As for the games... Do you live near Charlotte? :twisted:
lol... it's a mere 3000 mile drive! :?
yeah I have seen your location in your profile on the left, I was just teasing you!

Hyb'
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Hybban wrote:yeah I have seen your location...
Hey, I'm not saying it's undoable.... just that, well, ...okay, yeah, it's undoable.... :(

Back on track, out here we just started tinkering with 4th Edition. First session was last Friday. Playing a Wizard, I was well pleased that I could cast stuff at all the zombies that were plaguing us and never run out of spells! That's like a dream I've had since 1978...

...the spell-casting part, not the zombie-plague part... :?

jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by jason.richardson »

GnomeBoy wrote:
Hybban wrote:yeah I have seen your location...
Hey, I'm not saying it's undoable.... just that, well, ...okay, yeah, it's undoable.... :(

Back on track, out here we just started tinkering with 4th Edition. First session was last Friday. Playing a Wizard, I was well pleased that I could cast stuff at all the zombies that were plaguing us and never run out of spells! That's like a dream I've had since 1978...

...the spell-casting part, not the zombie-plague part... :?
Yeah - I too am playing a wizard (human) and am also surprised at how well I'm enjoying the game. Most of that has to do with the great gaming group I am lucky enough to game with. We could be playing anything and I'd be having fun (okay - except for maybe RIFTS).

I'm enjoying my wizard powers and I've assigned verbal aspects for each of them. My DM is starting to learn that when I yell out "venemos" my wizard is casting acid arrow.
Last edited by jason.richardson on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
JRR
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by JRR »

Just kicked off a 1e campaign last night. We're having more fun than we have had in ages.
Cardinal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Cardinal »

75% GURPS4e
10% D&D3.X/Pathfinder
05% nWoD
05% Hollow Earth Expedition / Desolation (Ubiquity System)
05% others (ORE, Unknown Armies, Savage Worlds, Trail of Cthulhu)

...no D&D4 for us in the foreseeable future.
curmudgeon
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by curmudgeon »

We currently play a D&D 3.25 game, a 3.0 game with elements from 3.5, Arcana Evolved, and a few miscellaneous sources. We're hoping to play some GURPS 4e soon, not sure what genre. We'll also be playtesting an OGL game I am helping to write called Gaslight as well as the game book I edited called Sherwood: The Legend of Robin Hood.

Return to “d20/D&D Conversation”