Turn Watcher 1.0 released!

Talk about rules, campaigns, worlds, products, other companies, D&D in general, and anything else d20 or D&D related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Alexis Wilke
Ill-Fated Peasant

Turn Watcher 1.0 released!

Post by Alexis Wilke »

Hi Gamers!

Made to Order Software is pleased to present Turn Watcher.

http://www.turnwatcher.com

This is an Initiative Tracker which also tracks hit points.

It will help you in rolling dice for Spot and Listen checks and Will save.

If you like (or not?!), please speak up! Reply to this message and I'll be glad to answer you.

Thank you,
Alexis
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Good luck to you Mr. Wilke.

I see this is a computer program. Is it Windows based?

$9.95 for a download & $5 for a years worth of updates. Since I don't use computers when I play D&D I'm not the customer you seek. However it sounds interesting.

Frankly, the reason many DMs are using laptops to keep track of all the "rules" of 3.5 is the very reason I'm getting tired of it. There is simply too much to keep track of!

However, I know several who swear by their laptops at the gameing table.

Welcome to the Goodman Game boards. The folks here are right friendly.
Alexis Wilke
Ill-Fated Peasant

D&D rules!

Post by Alexis Wilke »

Jedi,

First... I hope you're on my side... I heard a few things about the force!

Okay, I've played quite many games. Actually, the first one I liked a lot is called "La Belotte". It's a French card game. I played with my great uncles and aunts. I was 5. The following year I learned chess. Then all sorts of similar games, you know... poker, backgammon, risk, checkers...

Until a few years later I read about role playing games. I got D&D (the very first box set). I was hooked. Yes! Loads of rules! But that doesn't matter much. Actually, what matters is the world. The fantasy and especially the magic. That's what I like in D&D. Be a strong magicien of level 2 or 3. Powerful enough to scare 100 gobelins on sight.

I tried many other games: Call of Cthulu, Judge Dreed, Paranoia, Star War, Mega...

Not even one of these games compare to D&D. And that's not quite just the rules, it's the ambience. Actually, I was the DM most of the time. And frankly, you don't need to follow the rules. Just make them up as you go. People want to jump over a huge deep gap... having them throw 4 or 5 dice, compare to Dexterity, you're there. They miss, have fun invent what's at the bottom of the gap (if you didn't do that before the game...)

And, yes... I suppose I could have mentioned it was a computer tool for dungeons masters... Some people don't mind a laptop to play. I'm not especially for or against it. It's a good thing for a person to write a scenario too (once you found the proper tools that is...) and later to play it. Especially if that's a campaign!

And to answer your question, yes, it works under MS-Windows. Thought, we develop the software under Linux. We're total geeks so we prefer Linux... :wink: It is working on several Linux platforms (Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora...)

Note that you can purchase the extra US $5 for updates once there is an update so as to save 2 or 3 months... We will have support to track effects soon.

Thank you for having a look!

Alexis, a.k.a. Mr. Wilke.
Last edited by Alexis Wilke on Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

I am one of those who swear by laptop gaming.

I've got a heavily-customized Excel character sheet that is tres-handy for when I play, and I've got all manner of sheets that make DMing much, much easier.

I hate (and I mean HATE) it when my wife needs our laptop for something trivial (like a big company presentation) and I have to use paper.

Purists sneer at me, but I laugh at them as they try to calculate the effects of Con damage on their characters. HA!

Dice is where I draw the line...I won't use electronic dice. The tactile joy of dice-in-hand outweighs any program (even if it would be much faster at calculating, say, chain lightning damage).
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Alexis Wilke
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Alexis Wilke »

It's funny because Excel is certainly the last tool I'd chose to do such a thing...

Also we know you're not the only one who likes having a laptop! Some people play at home and they also use their desktop computers. With flat screens, it becomes doable.

Anyway, happy gaming, and maybe we'll see you around downloading a demo? 8 :?

Alexis

Return to “d20/D&D Conversation”