Trash talkin' at the table

Talk about rules, campaigns, worlds, products, other companies, D&D in general, and anything else d20 or D&D related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Trash talkin' at the table

Post by CharlieRock »

Do you guys ever talk trash right before you throw down on some dice?

"Your so weak, your strength check bounced."
Roll for initiative!!!
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

I sometimes have the bad guys talk trash if it's in their character.

The only time I ever smacktalk at the table is when someone playing a druid. Damn I hate druids...100,000 summoned animals just slow down a damn game.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Jengenritz wrote:I sometimes have the bad guys talk trash if it's in their character.
Exactly, I love having some of the bad guys running their mouths at the PCs. It livens up a game.

"Is pathetic a class ability or did you pick it from the list?"
Roll for initiative!!!
Sellix
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Sellix »

Jengenritz wrote: The only time I ever smacktalk at the table is when someone playing a druid. Damn I hate druids...100,000 summoned animals just slow down a damn game.
Those flower sniffing, tree hugging, Ent kissing, bear loving, hippy bastards!
"What? What's wrong with shaving with a power tool?" -Sellix as he's applying a circular sanding saw to his beard.
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

Those flower sniffing, tree hugging, Ent kissing, bear loving, hippy bastards!
Thank you!

Good friend of mine (known to visit this board from time to time) once simultaneously showed me why druids kicked ass and why they're not fun for anyone but the guy playing the druid.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

"Are you supposed to be the Druid or the Animal Companion?"
Roll for initiative!!!
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

"Are you supposed to be the Druid or the Animal Companion?"
Heh! Excellent.

CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

You know, gaming last night, I found something that ticks off players more then any trash talk ever:
Improved Sunder.
They just explode with madness when it hits them.
Roll for initiative!!!
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

True story: my buds in Tucson played XCrawl for quite a while. I was visiting, so they invited me to play. They were high level, so I played a minotaur fighter (Bovus Bellicus) and sunk all my cash into a +2 adamantine heavy mace I dubbed Disaster. I also had all the Sunder feats, as well as the tactical feat that lets you sunder and keep on smashing with one attack.

I hook up with their characters, carefully grown and with all kinds of cool equipment, and at the end we meet up with a vampire that dominates me.

I smashed all their good stuff before they finally killed ol' Bovus. I think maybe they were a little mad.

All praise Sunder!

CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Jengenritz wrote:True story: my buds in Tucson played XCrawl for quite a while. I was visiting, so they invited me to play. They were high level, so I played a minotaur fighter (Bovus Bellicus) and sunk all my cash into a +2 adamantine heavy mace I dubbed Disaster. I also had all the Sunder feats, as well as the tactical feat that lets you sunder and keep on smashing with one attack.

I hook up with their characters, carefully grown and with all kinds of cool equipment, and at the end we meet up with a vampire that dominates me.

I smashed all their good stuff before they finally killed ol' Bovus. I think maybe they were a little mad.

All praise Sunder!
:lol:
Roll for initiative!!!
TheDM
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by TheDM »

Here's an exchange we had a few years back:

Wizard: DUDE! Paladins are supposed to run into a fight, not away from one! What's that, the third time tonight?

Paladin: As opposed to hiding behind the rogue like you do? Pretty pitiful having to use a half-pint as cover while you lob magic missles at the darkness.

Rogue: DON'T drag me into this.

Wizard: Shut up, John.

Paladin: Yeah, shut up, John. Backstabbing b!%*$ halfling.

Return to “d20/D&D Conversation”