AGP Announces Launch of Adventure Games Journal Magazine

Talk about rules, campaigns, worlds, products, other companies, D&D in general, and anything else d20 or D&D related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

James Mishler
Wild-Eyed Zealot

AGP Announces Launch of Adventure Games Journal Magazine

Post by James Mishler »

ADVENTURE GAMES PUBLISHING PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AGP ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF ADVENTURE GAMES JOURNAL™ PRINT MAGAZINE

IOLA, WI – September 5, 2007 — Adventure Games Publishing, publishers of Wilderlands of High Adventure™ products for the Castles & Crusades® role-playing game, is pleased to announce the October 2007 launch of a new bi-monthly print gaming magazine, Adventure Games Journal. Adventure Games Journal is dedicated to providing players and judges of role-playing games extensive materials to assist in game play, including new monsters and treasures, organizations, races, classes, locations, adventures, and other game elements to enhance and expand the role-playing game experience.

“Adventure Games Journal is all about the cool, fun stuff that players and judges want to bring to the table,” said James Mishler, President of Adventure Games Publishing and Publisher of Adventure Games Journal. “The models I used to build the Adventure Games Journal format were all from classic magazines and fanzines, which were chock-full of new and unique elements to add to your game. There’s no room for whining about ‘post-modern game theory’ in the pages of Adventure Games Journal. It’s all about playing games and having fun.”

Subscribers receive a 32-page Campaign Installment with each issue. Each Campaign Installment focuses in detail on a region, city, town, or adventure area of the Wilderlands of High Adventure. Future Campaign Installments may include material for other worlds and even other role-playing game systems. Though Adventure Games Journal focuses on the Wilderlands of High Adventure and Castles & Crusades, Adventure Games Publishing plans to include coverage of other role-playing games both in Adventure Games Journal and in Campaign Installments. The first issue of Adventure Games Journal is scheduled for release in October 2007, with subsequent issues to follow every other month thereafter.

The first issue of Adventure Games Journal includes a guide to the world of the Wilderlands of High Adventure, details on the royal family of the City State of the Invincible Overlord, two complete adventures, two organizations, a Lost God of the Wilderlands, two new classes, a new race, and plenty of new monsters, treasures, and judge’s charts. The campaign installment for the first issue is the Player’s Guide to the Southern Reaches, a mysterious region of the far south caught between the monstrous Demon Empires, the accursed Kingdom of Karak, and the howling savagery of the Wilderlands.

Adventure Games Journal subscriptions are available direct from Adventure Games Publishing. Subscribers receive each issue of Adventure Games Journal, along with its related Campaign Installment, plus various special subscriber-only limited-edition items available from time to time during the period of the subscription. A one year (six-issue) subscription costs $120, and includes shipping and handling. For more information on subscriptions e-mail: subscriptions@adventuregamespubs.com.

About Adventure Games Publishing
Iola, Wisconsin-based Adventure Games Publishing publishes the Wilderlands of High Adventure, designed and approved for use with Castles & Crusades. Adventure Games Publishing plans to support many disparate role-playing game systems and settings in the pages of Adventure Games Journal, and with licensed adventure modules and sourcebooks. For additional information, visit www.adventuregamespubs.com.

###
James Mishler
Personal Gameblog: http://adventuresingaming2.blogspot.com
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I'll be looking forward to this one! Looks like another good product from James.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

sweetness! are any of the dcc authors writing for the mag?
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
James Mishler
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by James Mishler »

Warduke wrote:sweetness! are any of the dcc authors writing for the mag?
The first issue will be all pretty much from yours truly. I'm talking with various writers and companies about other articles in the issues thereafter. The DCC writers are some of the best in the business; I'd love to have some of them work for me.
James Mishler
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

This is really neat considering we lost Dragon magazine recently. KoDT, Crusader, and Kobold Quarterly are all good magazines but just not enough content-wise.
Like, I can take magazines to work and read them on breaks. KoDT and Crusader last me all of one night. Kobold took two nights to read. Dragon used to take me all week. I'm still out some reading material here. :wink:
Ludyee
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ludyee »

I just received the first issue last Saturday. I look forward to having a good read through soon.

The included map looks great.

Eric.
James Mishler
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by James Mishler »

Ludyee wrote:I just received the first issue last Saturday. I look forward to having a good read through soon.

The included map looks great.

Eric.
Thanks Eric! Hope you enjoy!

Sorry all, I've been meaning to update here, just been so busy with things...

The first issue is indeed now available. There is a seven-page PDF preview on the AGP website (URL in sig). Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!
James Mishler

Return to “d20/D&D Conversation”