Favorite Campaign setting...

Talk about rules, campaigns, worlds, products, other companies, D&D in general, and anything else d20 or D&D related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

johngamermage
Gongfarmer

Post by johngamermage »

Currently it's Eberron.
'Plot' is what the DM does to amuse himself when the players aren’t talking. -Shamus Young
None the Wiser
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by None the Wiser »

One campaign setting I've not seen mentioned here is Fantasy Flight Game's Dragonstar: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/dragonstar.html

When our 3.0 characters reached epic level, we jumped over to the Dragonstar universe and I enjoyed it very very much! It's the perfect blend of sci-fi and fantasy - for instance: Starship engines powered by arcane teleportation spells. 8)

Unfortunately, most of my players adamantly refuse to even consider any sort of sci-fi campaign. Curse them! :evil:

Otherwise, I'd have to go with the World of Aereth as my current fave. :wink:
TheDM
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by TheDM »

It's a hard call. My favorite campaign settings to run are always my own. On those rare occasions when I get to play instead of DM, I really have enjoyed Planescape and, of course, the Realms. We played in Azeroth (Warcraft) before WoW ever came out, and I enjoyed that one, too.

We actually tried Synnibar once. Believe it or not, I enjoyed the concept behind the setting. It was unique. If the game design hadn't been so horrible, and much of the flavor text so... pick your favorite derogatory term... I think it might have done better.
sbaldrick
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by sbaldrick »

Greyhawk. Now and forever.

Return to “d20/D&D Conversation”