Jon Roberts' Maps

Share links and comments about your favorite A-R-T and the cool folks who make it. Help other A-R-T fans find cool new A-R-T-ists out there on the net!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

torstan
Ill-Fated Peasant

Jon Roberts' Maps

Post by torstan »

I've got some great comments back about my maps so I thought I'd start a small thread here with a few maps. Some were done for commissions and I'll make this clear when they are. Otherwise these are CC licensed under the CC-BY-NC licence. Basically feel free to use them for home games. If you post these elsewhere in their original or modified form please do not do it for commercial gain and make sure to attribute them. I'll note exceptions to this when they are posted.

Right, enough of the dull stuff. Here's some maps! The images are links and wil take you to the relevant page of my deviantArt gallery. You will be able to get a full resolution version of the image using the download link on the top left of all the pages.

Right, first of all, some battlemaps, both outside and inside:

I hope these are useful!
My maps - most are free to be downloaded for personal use, but please message me if you're not sure.
torstan
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Jon Roberts' Maps

Post by torstan »

Here's a recent map for the ICE contest:

... and a short bit of flavour text for those that like that sort of thing:
In ancient times a dragon ravaged the lands. Thousands of people were slain and cities burned to the ground. First the people turned to the gods of summer and spring, but they were too fey. They helped when life was good and wouldn't understand disaster. They turned to the god of autumn, but she told them that bad times were inevitable and that they must accept their fate and ride it out. Finally, in desperation, they turned to the cruel god of winter. He understood bad times and hard choices. When people are desperate they will do desperate things. He would handle the dragon, but the people must make a pact. One virgin sacrifice every midwinter's eve. The people wept but they had no choice.

The dragon was lured to a high mountain top in with a cascading river, but today there was nor river, as it was dammed with a wall of ice. As it flew closer the ice cracked and a avalanche of water engulfed the beast. The god of winter spoke, and the water froze, trapping the dragon in an enormous icicle. The people heard of the event and celebrated. The king knew better and sent his best climbers to see for themselves. They saw the dragon in the ice and were joyous, but then they looked closer and saw that above the dragon lay a vaulted pillared hall, and at the end, overlooking the valley of the cities, and whipped by icy winds, stood a cold butcher's block of solid ice - an altar for the price of the deal.

In the following years, steps have been carved to make the perilous climb possible. Every year, in the dead of winter, the priests take the god's prize to his lofty temple and keep their people's pact lest the dragon return.
My maps - most are free to be downloaded for personal use, but please message me if you're not sure.
torstan
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Jon Roberts' Maps

Post by torstan »

Here's a few unlabelled maps from Wrath of the River King - an Open Design Project by Wolfgang Baur. You can still get hold of the full adventure by signing up to the current project - Halls of the Mountain King - which will have a few more of my maps in it! Anyway, for those who are interested, you can use these for your home game - full size version from the download link on the the devArt page these are linked to:

Enjoy!

Return to “All things A-R-T related”