And the New Guys too!

Share links and comments about your favorite A-R-T and the cool folks who make it. Help other A-R-T fans find cool new A-R-T-ists out there on the net!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

GrimStaff
Far-Sighted Wanderer

And the New Guys too!

Post by GrimStaff »

I love seeing the old stalwarts like Dee and Otus, but let us not forget the great work done by McAusland, Edwards, Whelon, and McDevitt. They really have captured the flavour of the "good-ol-days" of D&D.
I especially enjoy McDevitt's old, pointy-hat wizards, elven chicks, and skinny dwarves! Takes me right back to the old DMG circa '79!
Keep up the good work guys...
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

You are so right. My faithful magic-user I created back in '80 always had a pointy-hat. That was one of the stock items for magic-users. They completely disappeared from D&D art work until these fellows got their work into Goodman's products. The classic "stereo-type" depictions of adventures are still the most satisfying.
Deogolf
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: And the New Guys too!

Post by Deogolf »

GrimStaff wrote:I love seeing the old stalwarts like Dee and Otus, but let us not forget the great work done by McAusland, Edwards, Whelon, and McDevitt. They really have captured the flavour of the "good-ol-days" of D&D.
I especially enjoy McDevitt's old, pointy-hat wizards, elven chicks, and skinny dwarves! Takes me right back to the old DMG circa '79!
Keep up the good work guys...
By no means are newer stable of artists that work for Goodman Games being pushed aside or ignored!! I think their work is outstanding! They've done a great job capturing the "old style" of D&D/AD&D artwork! :D I'm looking forward to seeing alot more from these guys!

I think most 1ed & 2ed players are happy to see some of the artists from their "youth" back in the spotlight again (I'm not sure if I'll ever truly grow up and I'm turning the big "4-0" this month :shock:). As I've mentioned in a couple of posts, I really enjoy seeing James Holloway's art again. Not everyone enjoys or appreciates Jim's "whimiscal" approach at times. I think it's a stitch!!

So, to all the artists in the Goodman Games stable - "Keep up the great work!! It's really appreciated!!!"

Return to “All things A-R-T related”