Ursula Vernon

Share links and comments about your favorite A-R-T and the cool folks who make it. Help other A-R-T fans find cool new A-R-T-ists out there on the net!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Arek
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Ursula Vernon

Post by Arek »

I'm not a big art person, actually. I appreciate and marvel at the anatomical understanding that goes into portraying people, and I'm ever-willing to marvel at craft (I especially like stuff in wood and glass), but, eh, I don't worry about it. My only artistic talent is flashes of being able to make words say exactly what I want to.

Still. I like Ursula Vernon. She makes me grin (or laugh), and her talent for writing is such that I actually read the descriptions on her website before I scroll up to look at the painting itself.

http://metalandmagic.com/index.php

That's her website. Leave your seriousness at the front page.

On the other hand, she's capable of some really creepy stuff. Probably most of all is Gearworld.

How can I explain it...

Okay. Let's say Mechanus and Limbo got in a fight, and Limbo assimilated Mechanus and started dressing itself in concrete walls covered in insane grafitti, and started growing and producing gears of all sizes, and expressed its disparity between cause and effect by having corridors and rooms full of incomprehensible and worrying objects and creatures.

The Gearworld is unknown, and quite possibly unknowable. But in a creepy, charismatic way.
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Fan

Post by tadk »

I have been a fan of her work for gads has to be 7 or 8 years now

It is awesome
Over 30 years spent gaming, all sorts of systems, feel free to ask me anything, no guarantees I will have an answer.

Return to “All things A-R-T related”