Buy The Art

Share links and comments about your favorite A-R-T and the cool folks who make it. Help other A-R-T fans find cool new A-R-T-ists out there on the net!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

DitheringFool
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Buy The Art

Post by DitheringFool »

I just got a couple of pieces Tom Galambos did for the Complete Guide to Treants to add to my collection of Goodman Games Art. People, if you aren't buying this stuff you're doing yourself a serious disfavor! The works are even better than the print versions.
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Re: Buy The Art

Post by DCCfan »

I agree. Buy the art people! I got a pencil sketch from DCC#13 and had it framed. This came in a grab bag if you can believe it. It looks great hanging by my computer desk and people ask me about it all the time. I plan on buying more when I can afford it.
Last edited by DCCfan on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
ATOM
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ATOM »

Great find DCC fan! Published fantasy artwork is a fine thing to possess! I'm going to buy some too when I have enough money saved up! Its also a worthwhile investment. :D
ATOM's CLASSIC D&D Art.
ATOM's WEB Site

3-headed Blog
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

Thanks. I went to your web site and looked at your art. It's good stuff. I enjoy the classic D&D look. I have a ninja character that I would consider getting a portrait of. He was supposed to be a super cool kick but assassin type hero. However thanks to a bunch of crits against him at the worst times and a string of bad skill checks he ended up being the comic relief. I tried so hard to play this guy according to my original vision but the dice just would not cooperate. They have a funny ninja story for every occasion. I will forever be linked to this character with my gaming group.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

ATOM
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ATOM »

Good story DCCfan. By the law's of averages you should next
create a total baffoon of a character, dressed in a jesters uniform!
There's a very good chance he will be the most serious & respected
member in the party! :wink:

Glad you like my art. What's you favourite DCC mod?
ATOM's CLASSIC D&D Art.
ATOM's WEB Site

3-headed Blog
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

I had a lot of fun taking my kids through #51.5 The Sinister Secret of Whiterock. It was short so I was able to run it in a couple of two hour sessions over a weekend. There were a lot of intense moments in this module. Especially at the end with the rising water. Every roll at the climax seemed to be life or death. Only one party member managed to ride a mushroom top up and out of this deadly little dungeon crawl. I was able to get some more use out of it when the lone survivor decided he wanted to return with help to bring up his friends bodies for resurrection. It ended up being a good way to introduce Chauntessa and The Slumbering Drake Inn. The newly risen heroes are now crawling through Castle Whiterock looking for fame and fortune.

Return to “All things A-R-T related”