All hail Sefan Poag

Share links and comments about your favorite A-R-T and the cool folks who make it. Help other A-R-T fans find cool new A-R-T-ists out there on the net!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

lukash
Far-Sighted Wanderer

All hail Sefan Poag

Post by lukash »

The guy is tne new Erol Otus. I love his characters. They always have a 'nearly unhinged' look I think they'd have after dungeon crawling for a couple of hours.

I love the wererat / troll picture.

Can I buy some orginals?
22 Start / 3 Dead / 6 Wounded / Portal Under the Stars
12 Start / 3 Dead / 0 Wounded / Sailors on the Starless Sea (not finished)
stefan
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: All hail Sefan Poag

Post by stefan »

lukash wrote:The guy is tne new Erol Otus. I love his characters. They always have a 'nearly unhinged' look I think they'd have after dungeon crawling for a couple of hours.

I love the wererat / troll picture.

Can I buy some orginals?
Thank you -- to be compared at all to someone like Erol Otus is the highest praise --- I'm blushing with pride!
Joseph Goodman is putting together an "original art" marketplace where the inks from DCCs will be for sale -- I just need to get it together to present him with a list of what's availible... and now that I've got an email in my box reminding me that I was supposed to get my list together a more than a MONTH ago, hopefully I'll get that list to him over the July 4 holiday...
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

Stefan does indeed rock. He was kind enough to do three illos for me gratis a few years back when I posted a module on the DF boards. If I ever get my act together enough to send a submission proposal off for a DCC (and have it accepted, of course), I want Stefan to do the art!

(Not that I'd cry bitter tears if Mr. Otus penned a pic or two for it as well! ;) )
toper
Far-Sighted Wanderer

The Poagster

Post by toper »

Yea, props to Stephan.

Stephan was sole artist on my adventure, and I must say he came to play. I was a bit concerned when I heard I had only one artist -because one of the cool things about the DCC illos is that several artists (Brad, Jason, et al) contribute and give it a lot of different looks- but dam**d if Mr Poag didn't kick so much ass with his art that I actually liked it better the way it was. No offense to any of the other artists, I just mean that I liked having one style throughout, and that's because his style was so cool.

So, thanks Stephan. Keep it up.

And by the way, where da hell was you at GenCon?
-Jeremy Simmons "TOPOGRAPHIC REX"

www.dungeonartist.com

www.fourtowersdesign.net

God Save the Penguins
lukash
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by lukash »

Every new module I get with his art make me smile. I just love his vampire goblin picture and the wererat troll on the bridge. Just classic.
22 Start / 3 Dead / 6 Wounded / Portal Under the Stars
12 Start / 3 Dead / 0 Wounded / Sailors on the Starless Sea (not finished)

Return to “All things A-R-T related”