Tournament Scores Posted!

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Tournament Scores Posted!

Post by Jengenritz »

Hello everyone!

At the tournament, several people came up to me asking if they could know their team's point tally. At the time, I told them, "I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait until the printed module comes out."

Joseph and I agreed that was too long to wait, sooooo...

http://www.goodman-games.com/tourneyresults06.php

Who loves ya, baby?
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

Although the Palace, particularly the first level, was easier on teams in terms of kills, the stats you see posted are a bit misleading: several teams forfeited before their last member(s) were actually killed.

Expect to see an official ruling in future tournaments that spells out when a team can forfeit their round and/or the consequences of doing so.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
jfrenia
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jfrenia »

Awesome! Thanks for the results! Although, it is very painful for me to see we missed the finals by only 30 points!! :cry:

But, we did score #1 in round one, there should be a prize for that! :wink:
- Joseph Frenia
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Wow.

We Flunked Flank...my hat is off to you guys. For only having 3 players, you really kicked a$$.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Bifster
Far-Sighted Wanderer

When will Palace in the Wastes be avail?

Post by Bifster »

Howdy folks! I posted this in another thread, then realized it fit here better! Stoopid N00b!

I'm a returning hard-core gamer from back in the day and my first taste of 3.5 rules was a last-minute, unplanned plunge into the DCC tournament at GenCon (my first GenCon). So, needless to say... Palace in the Wastes was quite the wake-up call. And we had plenty stacked against us... we had only 3 guys in our group, 2 of which had never played 3.5 rules and none of us knew anything about the tournament or the pre-gens before we sat down at the table at 10 PM Friday night. Hence, the team name... Underdogs. I won't say I'm proud of our 930 Pt. performance... but at least we didn't die!

Long story short, I had an absolute blast. I'm an instant fan of DCC. I really enjoyed all of the GMs that I met and all the other folks running the tournament. I've even bought a couple of the other DCC modules since GenCon (Into the Wilds, Revenge of the Rat King, The Transmuter's Last Touch).

I'm preparing to start up a game here on the west side of Indy, and I just have to ask... when will the Palace in the Wastes be available as a module? I just *HAVE TO* see the rest of the dungeon, since my team only saw about 5 rooms. But hey... at least we didn't die!
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

Hey Bifster, and welcome to 3.5! Some of the writing team watches this board, and they'll be happy to hear you liked our adventure!

The release date for the Palace isn't set in stone yet, but it won't be for some months yet, particularly since a certain project manager (cough*me) hasn't finished the post-GenCon edits.

I remember hearing about your team from the Judge...you guys had some truly creative problem-solving...you should post some stories in this thread here:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=944

...reading it will also give you some teasers on what the other two levels were like.

In any case, it's good to hear an OG gamer digs our modules...that's the flavor we try for!

fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Hey Bif!

I posted this in the other thread, but thought I'd mention it again. If you liked Palace of the Wastes, pick up the other two DCC tournament modules. We've thoroughly enjoyed the adventures every year. Playing the DCC tournament has become a GenCon tradition for us.

Welcome to the club!
Dark Oracle of Gaming
jfrenia
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jfrenia »

Just out of curiosity, do you know the max points you could get in each round?
- Joseph Frenia
brogan_a
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by brogan_a »

fathead wrote:Wow.

We Flunked Flank...my hat is off to you guys. For only having 3 players, you really kicked a$$.
Appearently we do better with 3 guys than with 4! Thanks for the kudos Doug, and thanks Goodman for releasing the scores. BTW, I am still eagerly awaiting the tourney module next year!

-Andy Brogan
brogan_a
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by brogan_a »

Wow Adrian you are a killer DM (Literally!), maybe I can pay you to host the Team Yeoman next year! :wink:

-Andy Brogan
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

Wow Adrian you are a killer DM (Literally!)
Heh, thanks. After I get a SNAFU figured out with the info that was posted, it may turn out I had the highest bodycount in only three rounds.

In all truth, though, my round 3 team just had abyssmal rolls...it's like I always say, "Nothing will save you from bad dice." I expect that, if they enter again next year, they'll have performed an exorcism on their dice and will fare much better.

And although TPKs make great stories, the point is to have fun, and I think most would agree that the tournament is a great place to do both.

Return to “Goodman Games General”