Second Run of DCC #12.5 1E Version

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Nothing for the Ore household today.
grodog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by grodog »

Nothing here yet, either, but I'll be keeping an eye on the mail :D
grodog
---
Allan.
grodog@gmail.com
Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site
grodog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by grodog »

Books arrived today, looking good on first impressions! :D
grodog
---
Allan.
grodog@gmail.com
Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site
gideon_thorne
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by gideon_thorne »

*wry smile* My copy has likely been sent with the second batch. :lol:
Peter B

Castles & Crusades and Lejendary Adventure Artist
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Dittos. Nothing yet. That's okay. I'm not going to have time to check my mailbox until Sunday afternoon. Bhaw-ha-ha!!!
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Whoot! My 13 copies arrived on Tuesday, all boxed up and pretty. These 1E Iron Crypt modules are simply gorgeous! It makes me wish I had ordered about 30 just to be able to give them out as gifts to gamer friends.

[quietly heads over to the GG online store to place another order..."must have more"] :lol:

tacojohn4547
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Got mine today. MAN, what a rip!! Its like half, NO! A third the size of the original! What kind of scam you guys pulling?!

what?

Stat blocks?

Smaller?

That much smaller?

Wow!

Love it! Thanks for doing it.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Just got mine today. Almost makes me want to play 1E again!!
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Treebore wrote:Got mine today. MAN, what a rip!! Its like half, NO! A third the size of the original! What kind of scam you guys pulling?!

what?

Stat blocks?

Smaller?

That much smaller?

Wow!

Love it! Thanks for doing it.

A third is about for the stat blocks, Treebore. Check this out:

Stone Golem (2): CR 11; Large Construct; HD 14d10+30; hp 107; Init -1; Spd 20 ft.; AC 26, touch 8, flat-footed 26; Base Atk +10; Grp +23; Atk Slam +18 melee (2d10+9); Full Atk 2 slams +18 melee (2d10+9); Space/Reach 10 ft./10 ft.; SA Slow; SQ Construct traits, damage reduction 10/adamantine, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to magic, low-light vision; AL N; SV Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +4; Str 29, Dex 9, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1.

Immunity to Magic (Ex): A stone golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below. A transmute rock to mud spell slows a stone golem (as the slow spell) for 2d6 rounds, with no saving throw, while transmute mud to rock heals all of its lost hit points. A stone to flesh spell does not actually change the golem’s structure but negates its damage reduction and immunity to magic for 1 full round.

Slow (Su): A stone golem can use a slow effect, as the spell, as a free action once every 2 rounds. The effect has a range of 10 feet and a duration of 7 rounds, requiring a DC 17 Will save to negate. The save DC is Constitution-based.

3.5E word count: 219

Stone Golem (2): AC 5, HD 10; HP 60; # of attacks 1, Damage per hit 3-24 (19 HP); Special Attack slow spell every other round; Special Defenses vs. spells: only affected by rock to mud, mud to rock and stone to flesh spells. Mud to rock spells cast upon the Golem heal all damage sustained by the Golem. Special Note: Stone Shape spells should have no effect on the stone golems.

1E word count: 72

Enough said.

tacojohn45457
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Still nothing in my mailbox....
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I would e-mail Joe, now. i am usually the last to get things. Wait until Friday at the latest, then e-mail Joe and let him know there looks to be a problem.
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Taco,

Do you have my address??? I sense you have my Christmas present?? :D :D :D :D :D

Ben Waxman PA-C
4580 Blaylock Circle
Inver Grove Hts, MN 55076.

Rock on my brutha!!!!

Ben "greedy bastard superfan" Waxman
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Hi guys,

All the preordered copies will be shipped out by Thursday, November 2. So if you're still waiting, it won't be much longer!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Ben "greedy bastard superfan" Waxman wrote:
Do you have my address??? I sense you have my Christmas present??

I've got your Christmas present, right here! [grabs family jewels...a bagged and boarded mint copy 1E DCC #12.5] :lol: :lol:

Yessir, I do have that address, sir.

I was planning on getting Harley to sign it for you, but am waiting for one of the playtesters to get his ordered 1E #12.5 in the mail so that I can combine into one shipmnet to Harley. Once I get the signed copies of 1E #12.5 back from Harley, yours will be express mailed to your greedy bastard hands.

Now, if you don't want it signed by Harley, I'd be glad to send it to you sooner. It's your call. Just let me know if that is what you want.

Rock on,

tj

PS - Don't tell Harley, but I've got a little early Christmas present for both of you bastards.
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Taco,

Great idea!!!! If you can beg, borrow or steal Harley's sig, that would be wonderful! Don't forget to include your own sig though...it's your module too!!!!

Thanks again pal,

Ben
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

So how much does having Harleys sig on my DCC 35 raise its value?
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

I got the 1st edition incarnation yesterday. I've just started to preview it.

Man do I miss AD&D! So elegent, so simple, yet so complex.

Anyway, thanks for keeping us folk posted.

Speaking of Harley's sig, I sent DCC #17 (and a little bribe) to GenCon with a fellow I've been gaming with. He came back defeated. Said that everytime he came to the booth he was told Harley had just stepped away. Must of happened three or four times, so he gave up. I'd say his "John Hancock" is worth something. Everytime my rep approached, the Goodman crew would make 'em disappear. All worthwhile things are hard to come by! :wink:
guslandt
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by guslandt »

Still no sign of my modules. :(
Anyone else still waiting for theirs?
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

He sent them from Chicago thursday of last week. It is media rate so it can take some time, but even so if you don't have them by Friday I would e-mail Joe and let him know there looks to be a problem.

Be sure to give him what details you can, such as how many you ordered, anything else you ordered with them, etc... Any clue that may help him figure out what may have happened.
guslandt
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by guslandt »

Still nothing as of today's mail, so I sent an email to info@goodman-games.com. :(
I really hope my order hasn't disappeared, since these things are selling in the $50-$100 range now. :x
WereSteve
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by WereSteve »

goodmangames wrote:Hi guys,

All the preordered copies will be shipped out by Thursday, November 2. So if you're still waiting, it won't be much longer!
Oh, really? Still waiting on mine ...
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

$50 to $100 range?!

I'm amazed. :shock:
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

It is possible (since it was media mail) that it is still in the mail system, especially if you are Canada or overseas.

However I would start e-mailing Joe if I were you AND if you are in the US, continental US at that.

Remember, give him any details you can to make sure he can find out what happened.

Order #, what you ordered, # of copies, etc.... Name and mailing address, every little clue you can give him in case he needs it. Order #, name qand address should do it, but sometime it doesn't.
Plaag
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Plaag »

Mr Goodman did email me this on Halloween when I asked
Most of the orders went out, but part of the shipment from the printer arrived in damaged condition. They’re reprinting them and are supposed to deliver the replacements this week. Once we have the replacements, the balance of the orders (including yours) will go out. Sorry for the delay!
I've yet to receive mine yet, but shall give it a few more days unles all the orders have now been sent...

ShaneG.
I reject your reality and substitute my own
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

He has since posted that he had the last of them in the mail last Thursday.

Then again Media Mail can take weeks. So they very well may still be on their way. I would guess the more rural you live the longer it will take, etc...

When your convinced your not getting just be sure to e-mail Joe. He will take care of the problem as best he can.

Return to “Goodman Games General”