Second Run of DCC #12.5 1E Version

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Addermcone
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Addermcone »

I'd love to see more 1st Ed conversions as well.

As long as it's occassional, like one every 30 or so mods I don't think it will effect the 'cred too much.

Ben, I was going through #30 yesterday and would be interested in reading your submission on the module (you had an honourable mention), or how you think the mod went being one of the players.

Judging by your score did you guys cop a caning in the 3rd session?

Congrats on getting to 3rd spot overall by the way.
"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Hey Addermcone!

Thanks for the interest. DCC #30 was great fun / torture to be a part in at GenCon. I still can't believe we made it to the third round, having lost 2 characters in the second round. The third round was over in about 30min with a complete party kill. Do NOT pass go....DO NOT collect $200. It was humbling, scary, and frustrating. In fact, it made me so crazy, that I now have sworn off tournaments, and now just work on the maps for them. Less stress.!!!!

As for my submission, I don't know what happened to it. I'm not much of a writer, and it wasn't that good. I know good fiction when I read it, and it was NOT great fiction.

Overall I would recommend the tournaments to anyone, with the caveat that these affairs are high pressure slugfests with no roleplaying. Know your characters up and down, and look for any special tips in the player packs.

Rock on my brother,

Ben "superfan" Waxman
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.

Return to “Goodman Games General”