What happened to these boards?

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

What happened to these boards?

Post by JediOre »

I'm out of commission for a while and when I return I've found these boards have died!

What happened? Where are all the regulars? Did something bad happen while I was away?

The Necromancer Boards have more action currently than do the beloved Goodman forums and Necro hasn't released a product in quit some time!

:?:
mshensley
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: What happened to these boards?

Post by mshensley »

This board has always been very low traffic in my recollection.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

I agree, but not THIS low! :lol:

I've been out to look at the member list seeking out some of the old timers. Several I recall being active posters have not even visited these boards in months, some not since 2009!

We've got to get some interest back into these forum boards.
mshensley
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by mshensley »

JediOre wrote:I agree, but not THIS low! :lol:

I've been out to look at the member list seeking out some of the old timers. Several I recall being active posters have not even visited these boards in months, some not since 2009!

We've got to get some interest back into these forum boards.
That's what happens when your product line is geared towards people who like old school D&D type adventures and then they all leave when you try to sell them 4e stuff. I'm only here looking for info on the upcoming DCC rpg. News on that should increase traffic a bit.

The Necromancer board only has traffic these days due to the Frog God stuff- especially with them about to release their version of S&W.
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Raptor »

4th Edition happened.
dulsi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by dulsi »

I came here for the DragonMech section and by the time I got the setting it was no longer getting new products. So this forum has always been low volume to me. I was really excited for DragonMech Battles since I really wanted mech battles and didn't really like the regular rules. Unfortunately they stopped giving any clue when/if that will get published.
Dennis Payne
Identical Games
trancejeremy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by trancejeremy »

Raptor wrote:4th Edition happened.
That's what got me. Until I got wind of a DCC RPG in the works I pretty much avoided all RPG related sites (save for CoC, which is actually how I got wind of the DCC RPG, came back to look at Goodman's modules for CoC)
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

4E stopped me. I check in every now and then but I only care about the old DCCs. The DCC RPG could be good but I know nothing about it except that it is being tested at cons.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by tadk »

I fall into the I came here due to Etherscope and then found Dragonmech and that is my ties alone.
Over 30 years spent gaming, all sorts of systems, feel free to ask me anything, no guarantees I will have an answer.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

I'm frustrated by the low traffic levels here, mostly because when you check and nothing changes then you tend to check less and less frequently. This happens to me a lot where I'll go in cycles of checking every day, then maybe move on and not look again for weeks. Hard to get any real chatter going if others do the same. :(
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

finarvyn wrote:I'm frustrated by the low traffic levels here, mostly because when you check and nothing changes then you tend to check less and less frequently. This happens to me a lot where I'll go in cycles of checking every day, then maybe move on and not look again for weeks. Hard to get any real chatter going if others do the same. :(
What would you like to chatter about? :wink:
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Finarvyn,

Feel free to add your thoughts to my thread under the DCC line.

Or, bring up an interesting topic & we'll do our best to keep it going until these boards resuscitate!
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

*comes in from outside*

*dusts off sleeves*

For what it's worth, I'm hoping to post something like one of those 'storytime' threads of old next year, when I run my buddies through four or five 3e DCCs as a campaign. But that doesn't even start until April...

The plan (at the moment) is:

Dragonfiend Pact
Sellswords of Punjar (converted to 3e)
Thief Lord's Vault
Curse of the Emerald Cobra
...then maybe Citadel of Fire, or something else. Depends on what part of the year the first four bring us to... Since we take a hiatus for the first quarter of the year, it's nice to end a campaign in December, or at least have a clean break point.
Last edited by GnomeBoy on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Hi GnomeBoy,

Long time no see your post.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

GnomeBoy wrote:Sellswords of Punjar (converted to 3e)
To quote that gnome (or was it a kobold?) in the 4E trailer: "Wait, what?" I've gotten a lot of requests for guidelines on converting 3E books to 4E, but not yet the other way around! I think you're the first kid on the block to do this...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

It was a gnome -- "I'm a monster! Raawrrr!" :D

Thanks for the welcome back. When my group washed their hands of 4e, it was hard to stick around here, lusting after new products that I'd likely never get to use and certainly not play in...

When the time comes, and if campaign duties permit, and if my notes are legible to me after using them -- and I don't just wing a bunch of stuff -- I'll post my 3e stats/critters for Sellswords on the forum...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Hamakto
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Hamakto »

trancejeremy wrote:
Raptor wrote:4th Edition happened.
That's what got me. Until I got wind of a DCC RPG in the works I pretty much avoided all RPG related sites (save for CoC, which is actually how I got wind of the DCC RPG, came back to look at Goodman's modules for CoC)
I agree with you there. Our group does not play 4e either. I will admit, that as a DM I am very adamant against 4e and in a way the DM rules. We started a Pathfinder campaign using Whiterock. I am converting the module on the fly as we go and updating somethings for PF.

The DCC RPG sounds very interesting, but I would need more details on it to see how well it would fit in our campaign. Our group (at the core), has been playing together since 1988. Most of us played before that, but we have been playing together for 22 years. So we need to make sure everyone is happy.

To be honest, I have not bought a product from WOTC since 4e came out as I did not care for the direction that DnD was heading. I still pick up modules from GG here and there, but all of the new stuff is 4e related so it is more filling in older sets and picking up things I want. Mostly to support GG as I do not need them right now... :)

I have high hopes for DCC RPG. GG is a heck of a publishing company and I am looking forward to seeing their vision for the future.
Andy
Blood Kings
2007 & 2008 DCC Tourney Champion

Return to “Goodman Games General”