Map Errata

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

phloog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Map Errata

Post by phloog »

Sorry to pseudo-crosspost this, but I'm wondering if there is a Support or other area at GG other than these forums...I have found that the maps/descriptions for my pdf of Castle Whiterock are about the worst I've ever seen - y'know, little things like the compass indicating the wrong way as north on the maps....is there a place where they store Errata?

I found an Errata thread, but the only thing it has for Castle Whiterock is a mention of a missing entrance to an area on the 6th level...trust me, there's a LOT more going wrong with this than that.

I realize CW was a huge undertaking, but it seems like you would have quickly in playtesting caught something like "The description says doors on the east and west wall, but the map has them on the other two walls"

and sorry for the ire...but I was doing prep for a game and ended having to stay up well past nightnight time trying to sort this nonsense out.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: Map Errata

Post by Jengenritz »

The errata thread is where we store the errata. The only serious issues with CW is that the maps got rotated (in post-production, incidentally, so after the playtests) and that we forgot to include an entrance to level 6B, which was a miscommunication between my co-author and myself.

I've updated the errata link to specifically refer to a thread that discusses a secret door on level 1 and the map rotation.

As far as customer support goes, if you have a specific question, just ask it here at the forum or feel free to PM me. I generally check this board several times a day (mostly checking for spam), and I'd be happy to answer any questions I am able.

Understood about the frustration. Your original point was valid (you buy these to make your life a bit easier). I think, rather I hope, that once you rotate the maps you'll find CW is a pretty cool adventure-path-in-a-box (or PDF, as it were).
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
phloog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Map Errata

Post by phloog »

That helps, but doesn't get me a full answer to the map rotation issue....so is EVERY MAP intended to be setup so that North points toward the 'top' of the page, or is there a different rotation for each page, or does each page get rotated 90% CW or CCW regardless of where it's pointing now?

I ask because on level 3 I did what I thought was the proper rotation based on one room description, then suddenly my east and west seemed off for other descriptions.

Return to “Goodman Games General”