Ringworld

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Teh_BuG
Gongfarmer

Ringworld

Post by Teh_BuG »

Hey there, im new to the forum. not new to forumS tho.

I came here cause google popped up some pplz talking about a ringworld based mod. im trying to create a compaign setting for the ringworld (useing all the novels as source material). i'll probailly use the shadow's nest for the initial campaign, and so far ive got the races written up (Red herder, Grass giant, Gleaner and Machine People / City Builder (and i wrote up the Kzin too, even tho none where in the area :) )) each class has a description, a quote from the books, attribute stuff and whatnot. im working on developing a Protector "prestige race" that makes some sense in regard to how the book views them...

oh, its done from the natives view tho, not the ball people's (aka: Louis, Chmee and nessus/hindmost's view)

my only real problem is incounters. theres not alot of fighting on the ringworld, so i think i might have to set the whole thing AFTER the "big move" in Ringworld Children so some races could have gone insane (aka to the other natives, evil) whitch would allow fighting to occur, and still have the ability to travel (not all the races went nuts)

but, if anyone wants to contribute ideas/etc send me and email / pm / something... post it here! or is this not the space for that sort of thing?

anyhoo...

-BuG-

(edit: omg incompetent me today! made 3 posts the same omg oops *delete* *delete*)
"Have you seen my Kzin, Kachula-Ritt? I keep him as a pet."
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

you could set the campaign before the books; there's the confllict between the red hearders and the grass giants that could involve the PCs, and the vampires could easily be a recurring encounter type

also, there are a number of off-world species available in the great ocean(s) on the planetary maps, the Kzin descendants, the sunflowers, other creatures... you would need to base the adventure near a great ocean for those to be plausible, though, since travel of any large distance around the ring isn't feasable for most races

placing everything in or near the machine people empire could also afford a number of adventure hooks, especially whe you consider that the population there is dense enough to have criminals, minor wars, and intrigue
Namfoodle "Sparklediver" Raulnor
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}
Teh_BuG
Gongfarmer

Post by Teh_BuG »

well, with only 2 encounter types (herder/giant and vampire) the game would get borring pertty quick ... and what do i do for continuing the storyline once the war is over?

your right about the great ocean... and that was allways an intention of mine anyways. if valla could travel the distance from the floating city in engineers to the grass giants (who are close to the great ocean i believe) then that could become the starting area easily. it has varied terrain, and a few quest's allready setup (the shadow nest for example... and think what kind of castle that could make for a group of heroes :D)

thanks for commenting :D
"Have you seen my Kzin, Kachula-Ritt? I keep him as a pet."

Return to “Goodman Games General”