Saying Hello

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Thorbrin
Ill-Fated Peasant

Saying Hello

Post by Thorbrin »

Greetings to everyone ,I just discovered you guys from a post on the necro games page.
I play mostly Forgotten Realms based games(not necesarily with 3rd ed D&D,I also play Rolemaster a lot).
I have been gaming for 15+ years now and have experience with a wide range of systems all versions of D&D,Rolemaster,Palladium,Rifts,Shadowrun,Star Wars(west enc version),MERP,Cyberpunk and more!
Well I have to go make some hot chocolate now its damn cold up here -40 right now !!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Welcome, Thorbin! Sounds like you're a veteran. You'll have to teach us young punks a thing or two... ;)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Thorbrin
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Thorbrin »

I dont know about teaching anyone a thing or two but I do love talking about the gaming hobby.
Where I live there is a large group of dedicated gamers(there is not much to do in the winter up here besides hockey eh!).
We have a gaming club called QR2(Quinte Regional Roleplayers). Basicly we have members from a very large area easily big enough to hold two states. It is serious dedication when you drive 4 hours or more just to make it to your weekly game session or club meeting!
A wide selection of games are played but mostly Dungeon & Dragons 3rd Edition,Battletech(original version-some of the locals are big time scary battletech fans),Vampire the Masqaurade and others.
Card games were really big for a while too but they seem to be slowly disapearing.
We enjoy other hobbies up here too check out this page http://heydon.com/business/medieval/default.htm !!
I am the guy in the Red(Gunther).
See ya on the other side.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Driving 4 hours is *definitely* dedicated, that's for sure. Luckily for me, Atlanta has something like 10 game stores within the metro area, so I'm well covered. My latest addictions have been a new D&D campaign involving fantasy mechs, Risk 2210 AD, and a couple of homemade card games I've been experimenting with. One is called "Get Your Hands Off My Man, You Hussy" -- based on the latest crop of reality TV shows. Very fun so far. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
BenPowis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by BenPowis »

Hi there Thorbrin!

Nice to see new people joining...and its nice to be back! :D

(Thanks Joseph ;) )
Thorbrin
Ill-Fated Peasant

A greeting

Post by Thorbrin »

Hello and thanks for the greeting. I regretfully have not had much time to visit lately .
I do Medieval Re-enactments and the season is approaching rapidly. Lately I have spent most of my spare time strapped into armour and swinging a sword around.
Anyways thanks and happy gaming.

Return to “Goodman Games General”