Thanks for making it to DDC 33...

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Thanks for making it to DDC 33...

Post by GnomeBoy »

Thanks for coming out to DunDraCon, guys.

I enjoyed playing in a segment of King Dretch and picking up both Sellswords and Death in Luxor in the dealer's room. (Though I noticed that Harley was on a 'tentacles grab at thee' frame of mind when he wrote those, apparently. Maybe he's always in such a state of mind?)

Another bit of awesomeness, was scoring DCC 3 and 18 at 75% off from the Impressions booth, plus a few other high level DCCs I can use for my high-level-loving group. If I could have found DCC 1, I'd have thought I was dreaming. The only downer was missing getting Erol Otus and the author to sign my copy of DCC 3....

I hope I'll see you there again next year!
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Thanks for making it to DDC 33...

Post by Harley Stroh »

GnomeBoy wrote:I enjoyed playing in a segment of King Dretch and picking up both Sellswords and Death in Luxor in the dealer's room. (Though I noticed that Harley was on a 'tentacles grab at thee' frame of mind when he wrote those, apparently. Maybe he's always in such a state of mind?)
I've been reading a lot of Mignola lately. Spears, tentacles and frogs. :twisted: (Luxor has one seemingly random detail that is entirely a Mignola reference.)

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

That would be Mike Mignola...?

Admitedly, I've never read Hellboy, but I do love his art.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
N'Haaz-aua
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by N'Haaz-aua »

Harley Stroh wrote:(Luxor has one seemingly random detail that is entirely a Mignola reference.)
I spent a restless night and 2 re-reads trying to figure out that random reference...

Return to “Goodman Games General”