Back from Running GAGG: Psi Phi Nut

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Black Knight
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Back from Running GAGG: Psi Phi Nut

Post by Black Knight »

Hi everyone!

I'm back from Running GAGG (an annual convention in Geneseo, NY put on by the members of the Geneseo Area Gaming Group). This year I went as the representative of Goodman Games and ran the booth and a 3 round tournament based around the [b][i]Aerial Adventure Guides[/i][/b] and the [b][i]Complete Guide to Drow[/i][/b] books entitled [i]Drow Tales[/i].

Everything went great for the gaming sessions. I had some great players and the top two from the tournament won special awards certs to the online Goodman Games store. The booth was jumping on Friday night and Sunday morning (Saturday was a bit slow), but I came back with very few books left over.

Highlights of the con:

1) There was a charity auction that I donated my personal copy of [b][i]Complete Guide to Drow[/i][/b], which I signed. It went for over $30!! (Considering it is a $11 POD product, this was cool.)

2) I signed and donated a copy of [b][i]Dungeon Crawl Classics #1: Idylls of the Rat King[/i][/b] that went for $56 at the auction!!!

3) I was part of the Freelancer's Forum this year, the topic... "How to Become a Freelancer." I was joined by BD Flory (AEG's [b][i]Spycraft[/i][/b]), Dan Quackenbush (White Wolf's [b][i]Savage Seas[/i][/b]), and Scott Taylor (White Wolf's [b][i]Exalted: The Lunars[/i][/b]). It was a great deal of fun, and I had a great time chatting with them and with the freelancers-to-be that attended.

Jeffrey Quinn
Freelance Writer/Game Designer
[url]http://jpquinn.mortality.net/[/url]
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Jeff,

That sounds great! I can't believe the signed copies went for so much at the charity auction. That's awesome. In ten years they'll be auctioning of a lock of your hair for $100... :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Black Knight
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Drow Tales Winners

Post by Black Knight »

Now that I have gotten a chance to sit down and collect all my data and notes, I can release the winners of [b][i]Drow Tales[/i][/b] from this year's convention.

[b]1st Place[/b] - Jonathan Sternfeld
[b]2nd Place[/b] - Noah Burdick
[b]3rd Place[/b] - Richard McKeen
[b]4th Place[/b] - Timothy Gousie and Nicole Schwartz
[b]Honorable Mention[/b] - Justin Botelle and Elizabeth Teichmon

Thank you to everyone above for playing in the event. I had a great time running for you (I have never laughed so hard at a dark fantasy game). I will never underestimate the power of drow over gnomes again, you guys proved to me why the drow are so reviled! :o Congrats!

Jeffrey Quinn
Freelance Writer/Game Designer
http://jpquinn.mortality.net/

Return to “Goodman Games General”