Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:55 am 
Ill-Fated Peasant

So I bought the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG when it was on special,because the book was under a certain price I got it with reduced postage.4 days after my paypal purchase I receive a email stating they want another $28.00 for postage!

After some to and fro I ask whether the book I paid for in good faith is going to be sent to me and the next thing I know is my money is refunded into my paypal account.

This is, in my opinion terrible customer service,through no fault of my own a lot of bad will is generated when it needed not happen.I purchased the book for the price+postage on the website,I'm about to tell my 2 girls the Christmas present they were going to get me is now not going to arrive now.

I get it-I'm a nobody,just some old dude that has been selling the merits of DCC RPG to the two gaming groups I organize-who has bought EVERY Age of Cthulhu Goodman has produced.I'm just some Dad tabletop gamer that doesn't rate a hoot.

Please don't think I harbor any animosity to any individual in the company-I just think my bottom line is a lot tighter than Goodman Games and I think is this case Goodman games should have done the right thing and sent me the book.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:49 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

FLGS: Fair Game
Your post doesn't specify your location, but I just went to the main Goodman Games webpage and added a copy of the core rulebook to my cart with US shipping and it quoted a $6 shipping charge.

I'm guessing you're overseas somewhere? That's the only way I can think of to have a $28 shipping fee. It is a heavy book.

DCC RPG playtester 2011, C&C playtester 2003,T&T since 2003,
ADRP Since 1993, OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:36 am 
Ill-Fated Peasant

I live in Melbourne Australia finarvyn.

The $28.00 shipping charge was top of a $20.00 existing fee.I'm not for one moment suggesting Goodman Games is padding out the postage charge,It just seems to me a little goodwill on their part would have generated a lot of goodwill (and future sales) on my part.

I've organized 2 very successful meetup groups in my area and on some occasions I've had 4 or 5 gamers on my waiting list apart from the 10 or so who are my regulars,It sounds like I'm blowing my own horn here but I recon I'm the type of guy you want proselytizing a companies RPG.I'm usually the early adopter so I get the first core book of a particular rpg and the others follow.