D&D Experience

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Warduke wrote:well, goodman games IS the home of the zero level adventure, so i'm not too worried. if anyone comes up with a good toned down version, i have faith that it will be our boys.
Goodman Games: Your Cure for the 4e Blues.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Arek
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Arek »

GnomeBoy wrote:
Warduke wrote:well, goodman games IS the home of the zero level adventure, so i'm not too worried. if anyone comes up with a good toned down version, i have faith that it will be our boys.
:D

I approve the idea. Except my cure will probably involve sticking with 3.5. If Dragonmech officially makes the move to 4e, then I'll probably learn the system.
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

Arek wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote:

I approve the idea.
Hell yeah.
Arek
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Arek »

Save Vs. Death Ray wrote:
Arek wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote: Goodman Games: Your Cure for the 4e Blues.

I approve the idea.
Hell yeah.
It's a little odd on my part, because if anything, I'm usually in favor of giving a character more to do and turning up the power knob.

A lot of PrCs in the official supplements get on my nerves, because they're supposed to be masters of using time as a weapon or whatever, but they only get to use that ability once or twice a day, as if that's enough to redefine how they approach combat, like it's claimed to.

:ticked:

Anyway. If my character's going to be given game mechanics to make them more effective at fighting evil or bending time or stabbing people in the face, they should be something that's always an option, not some trick which can only be used once or twice a day and then I revert to doing things like everyone else.

[/rant][/ticked]

Those are probably my biggest attractions to Frank and K's work. Their stuff tends to redefine how a character fights and does magic, and it's fun to have your character doing something spectacular that the other players remember for a long time.

Return to “Goodman Games General”