Goodman at the D&D experience?

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Goodman at the D&D experience?

Post by Blackdirge »

I know it's a bit early, but will Goodman Games be at the D&D experience (formerly Winter Fantasy) in February? They will be offering the first demos of 4E, and as a d20 publisher, I'll be there taking notes. :D

BD
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Hmm, not familiar with that con, being on the left coast as I am....

...so my question would be, if Mr. G goes to the D&D Experience, does that mean he'll be skipping DunDraCon?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

There isn't an exhibit hall open to publishers at D&D Experience... so we won't be there officially.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Blackdirge »

goodmangames wrote:There isn't an exhibit hall open to publishers at D&D Experience... so we won't be there officially.
Oh, I was unaware of that; this will be my first trip to Winter Fantasy. Will there be an unofficial Goodman presence?

BD
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Maybe, but I can't reveal my secret identity. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Ludyee
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ludyee »

Winter Fantasy/D&D Experience is strictly a Wizards of the Coast convention running just RPGA events. I have attended the last three years as it was quite convenient for me. I lived (until 2 months ago) in Crystal City, VA and walked each morning to the con from home.

As far as comparing it to large conventions I can only do so with GenCon SoCal. D&DXP is much smaller with no other games than RPGA D&D, Short 15 minute Delves, and D&D Miniatires leagues and tournaments.

It is really nothing more than a big Living Greyhawk Convention with fancy posters on the walls and some side stuff going on. Obviously Wizards doesn't use it for big announcments since GenCon got that distinction. In fact Wizards lied through its teeth at the various meetings but I never listened much anyway.

The people who seem to enjoy it the most are LGers and/or minis players. I do wish they would expand the offerings a bit to more D&D events including tournaments and 3rd party OGL/D20 events. But I guess that would only make it hard for me to decide what to sign-up for. As it is now I can arrange my schedule to play in just about every event offered.

Eric.

Return to “Goodman Games General”