Recreating DCC modules in Neverwinter Nights 2.

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Delak
Ill-Fated Peasant

Recreating DCC modules in Neverwinter Nights 2.

Post by Delak »

I would like to recreate some of the DCC modules in Neverwinter Nights 2 as best I can based on my skill, time, and content available. However according to the EULA of Neverwinter Nights 2 pasted below, I must ask for permission for copyrighted works. So several questions come up:

1. Who would be interested in something like this?
2. Who would I need to contact at Goodman Games about this?
3. Do I actually need permission?

Here is the EULA from Neverwinter Nights 2

EDITOR and END-USER VARIATIONS
If the Software includes a feature that allows you to modify the Software or to construct new variations (an "Editor"), you may use such Editor to create modifications or enhancements to the Software, including the construction of new levels (collectively the "Variations"), subject to the following restrictions. Your Variations: (i) must only work with the full, registered copy of the Software; (ii) must not contain modifications to any executable file; (iii) must not contain any libelous, defamatory or other illegal material, material that is scandalous or invades the rights of privacy or publicity of any third party; (iv) must not contain any trademarks, copyright-protected work or other property of third parties; and (v) may not be commercially exploited by you, including but not limited to making such Variations available for sale or as part of a pay-per-play or timesharing service.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, please contact me, Joseph Goodman, at info@goodman-games.com. There's already a conversion of DCC #3 out there.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Mo ... il&id=4258
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

That's really cool~~!!!

(If you're allowed to create it.)
Delak
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Delak »

Thank you for the reply Joseph I have sent email to you this morning.

Thanks Ogrepuppy - I also hope they let me do.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Delak wrote:Thanks Ogrepuppy - I also hope they let me do.
When you're done, please link the adventure so that we can all have fun with it! ;)
DaveMage
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by DaveMage »

There's a fantastic version of Rappan Athuk out there that was an absolute blast to play.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

DaveMage wrote:There's a fantastic version of Rappan Athuk out there that was an absolute blast to play.
Yes, I believe the link on the Necromancer boards still works. Its for Neverwinter Nights 1, though.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!

Return to “Goodman Games General”