Comic submission question for Goodman Games

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

dragon-slayer
Ill-Fated Peasant

Comic submission question for Goodman Games

Post by dragon-slayer »

I am working on a very Dungeons and Dragons inspired comic/graphic that I will try to pitch to a few companies and I would like to know if Goodman Games is interested in a D&D style graphic story and how monsters could be portrayed that are not in the SRD (for example a Beholder, which is not in the SRD, but covered in the excellent Complete Guide to Beholders). Are these creatures used with permission, or is it best to rename them, as miniatures companies have for years (i.e. Beholder becoming a Eye Terror or some such by Grenadier Models)? I have read the submission guidelines and have printed out the document to accompany a submission. Is there even an interest in a project like this or should I just remove anything slightly near WotC IP and go another route?

Thank you in advance
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

The specifics of the submission would depend on the proposal itself, so I'll address that privately when the proposal arrives. But in answer to your question about non-SRD monsters, the answer is: you can't use them unless you get special permission from WotC. Getting permission is a lengthy process and not guaranteed, so you really should assume it won't happen and work around it.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
dragon-slayer
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by dragon-slayer »

Thank you for the reply, that does make everything much clearer. I will continue with SRD creatures and send a proposal/samples/thumbnails Tuesday after Labor Day.

Thanks,
Steve

Return to “Goodman Games General”