Announcing DragonMech

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Announcing DragonMech

Post by goodmangames »

Goodman Games Announces DragonMech

February 9, 2004 -- Goodman Games is pleased to announce an innovative new setting and sourcebook for the d20 gamer: DragonMech, a world of medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves. The DragonMech rule book will be released in July 2004 in a hardback, 240-page format priced at $34.99. DragonMech is written by Joseph Goodman with art by Niklas Jansson.

DragonMech is set in a medieval fantasy world destroyed by relentless lunar meteor storms. To survive, the surface races have used magical and mechanical means to build thousand-foot-tall city-mechs, which now house most of civilization. Kingdoms have been replaced by mobile mechdoms, and the mounted knight is anachronistic in the face of steam-powered combat mechs. While lunar creatures launch invasions from the skies, fleets of smoke-belching steam-mechs battle for scarce supplies of wood, steel, and coal.

The DragonMech rule book steers steampunk in a new direction with a full integration of steam-powered mechs into the fantasy genre. It includes three new core classes, three variant core classes, and seven new prestige classes, all intricately woven into the fabric of the world. Steamborgs, coglayers, and mech jockeys blaze a new path for glory, while clockwork rangers, constructors, and steam mages carry on new versions of the old traditions.

A new set of mech rules uses the existing d20 type-based monster rules to allow for fast, easy generation of mechs from the five basic categories of steam-powered, man-powered, clockwork, magically animated, or undead. Stats for more than 20 standard mech designs are included, as well as a full profile of the gigantic city-mech Nedderpik, and a wide variety of new weapons, equipment, and gear.

Rounding out the book is a new system for creating steam powers, a gazetteer of the mechdoms and their territories, new monsters and feats, details of the changing values and religions in a world of steam, and much more. The culture of steam power is fully integrated with traditional d20 fantasy rules, including rules for using magic to transfer souls to mechs, the Irontooth Clans' monastic traditions and their "mech devil" pilots, clockwork familiars, undead reanimated via steam engines rather than necromancy, steamborgs assimilated into a mech shell, lunar creatures, and much, much more.

More information on DragonMech can be found at http://www.goodman-games.com. Contact goodmangames@mindspring.com for questions regarding this press release.

DragonMech is a trademark of Goodman Games. The content of the DragonMech rule book is copyright © 2004 Goodman Games.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
zephyrmev
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by zephyrmev »

I hope that you have some info to use this book in other worlds.zephyrmev. :D
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

zephyrmev wrote:I hope that you have some info to use this book in other worlds.zephyrmev. :D
Yup! No worries there. The chapters on mechs, characters, equipment, and creatures are distinct from those on the world and campaign, so it's easy to port the rules to other settings.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
momaw27
Gongfarmer

Post by momaw27 »

Hi!

I am very excited about DragonMech!

I was wondering if there are any adventure modules planned and if a campaign setting and monster compendium are in the works?

Any new info would be great!

Thanks!

Beau
zephyrmev
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by zephyrmev »

That is why I got the Monsternomicon from Privateer Press for this book.Sorry Joe. :oops: :D zephyrmev.
kesava
Gongfarmer

Post by kesava »

This does look pretty interesting, kind of final fantasy/anime esque. May run this instead or at least combined with Iron Kingdoms by Privateer Press.
Last edited by kesava on Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

momaw27 wrote:Hi!

I am very excited about DragonMech!

I was wondering if there are any adventure modules planned and if a campaign setting and monster compendium are in the works?

Any new info would be great!

Thanks!

Beau
Hi,

I'm glad you're interested! Yes, there are adventure modules, a setting, and a monster compendium planned. 2003 will see the release of the core book (with some campaign details), an adventure, and a "mech manual," and there are additional releases planned for 2004. Further details on the schedule will be announced in about a month. Hope that helps!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

zephyrmev wrote:That is why I got the Monsternomicon from Privateer Press for this book.Sorry Joe. :oops: :D zephyrmev.
No objections here. The Monsternomicon is an awesome book! :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Golem2176
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Golem2176 »

I am really looking forward to this book. I want it so bad, I've already told my LGS to preorder me a copy as soon as they can. Actually, I just might buy two of the core book (depending on how well it is done), to possibly get my GM to start a campaign for it.

I would also like to know: is there a shedule of support products for this game?
azpcrepair.com

"I'll swallow your soul," Deadite qoute
"Only if I don't kill you with my +4 Keen Chain Saw first!" - Me
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Golem2176 wrote:I am really looking forward to this book. I want it so bad, I've already told my LGS to preorder me a copy as soon as they can. Actually, I just might buy two of the core book (depending on how well it is done), to possibly get my GM to start a campaign for it.

I would also like to know: is there a shedule of support products for this game?
I'm glad you're that interested. It's good to hear. :)

There is indeed a schedule of support. The 2004 schedule is as follows:

DragonMech core rulebook - July
The Shardsfall Quest - August (72 page introductory adventure)
The Mech Manual - November

We also have a 2005 schedule in the works. It's not final enough to announce yet, but tentatively it will include a new DragonMech release at least once a quarter.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
SpotlessMind
Gongfarmer

Clink, Clink

Post by SpotlessMind »

Just couldn't resist to throw my two cents in. (And that's about all this is going to be worth. <grin>)

I have to admit, I am pretty intrigued about DragonMech and I have been known to frown on the genre of steam punk.

Also, I really liked the art in the teaser image.

I'll be buying one for sure.
RiderChoi
Gongfarmer

Post by RiderChoi »

I just read through the intro and it is awesome! I think Steam Punk is the next in RPG mixed with Fantasy.

Will there be a miniature line that goes with this?

Regards,
Clarence
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

RiderChoi wrote:Will there be a miniature line that goes with this?
I'm glad the intro chapter grabbed you. There aren't any miniatures in the works right now, but it is definitely something I want to do sooner or later. The DragonMech imagery is terrific and would look great as miniatures.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “Goodman Games General”