One Page Dungeon Contest 2011

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

kensanata
Far-Sighted Wanderer

One Page Dungeon Contest 2011

Post by kensanata »

Remember last year? :D

Dates: Submission deadline is April 1, 0:00 GMT. Based on last year's experience, judges will have one month to read all the submissions and another two weeks to discuss the result. Winners will be announced May 16, 0:00 GMT.

Judges: I'm still looking judges! Interested? Let me know → kensanata@gmail.com!

Prizes & Sponsors: Do you have prizes to donate? Let me know → kensanata@gmail.com!

Submissions: Here's how to submit your entry.
  • Participants create a One Page Dungeon.
  • Submitting a dungeon to the contest releases it under the Creative Common Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license with credit to the contest participant.
  • The submission must have a name, an author, a map, a key, a link to the license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/) and no game stats.
  • A link to your blog, wandering monsters, random events, adventure background or introduction, and descriptions of tricks or traps are all optional.
  • One entry per participant. Participants may revise/replace their entries up until the end of contest, with the last revision counting as their official entry.
  • Submission must be mailed in PDF, Open Office, or Microsoft Word format to Alex Schröder → kensanata@gmail.com.
  • If you have a blog article talking about your submission, I'd love to link to it from the One Page Dungeon Contest page.
Process: Here's how we'll determine the winners.
  • Every judge nominates their favorite entries and proposes a category for each.
  • We try to make sure that every judge has at least three of their nominations in the final list. The idea is to not only reflect popular opinion but to also capture some of the more eclectic entries out there. We'll make sure that every judge is well represented with three entries each.
  • Based on the categories proposed in the first step, we try to assign a category to each entry on the list.
  • The result is our release candidate 1. Judges gets to check whether their favorites are still on the list.
  • We fix omissions and rename categories until we're happy. This is our release candidate 2.
  • We revise everything until we're happy. We have our list of winners! :)
  • If we have prizes (we currently don't) each judge gets to nominate their favorite entry for a prize.
  • We publish our list of winners!
  • Harald puts together a PDF of all the entries and a PDF of all the winners. We'll make these PDFs available for download at no cost.
Looking for a simple Campaign Wiki?
kensanata
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: One Page Dungeon Contest 2011

Post by kensanata »

Two more weeks to go!

A map, an intrigue, monsters, treasure, enemies, allies – what does an adventure for your game night require? Whatever it is, if you wrote it up, you should send it in! The due date for the One Page Dungeon Contest 2011 is the first second of April 1, 2011, UTC. If you live in the United States, that means you may have to send in your entry many hours before the last day of March ends. What better way to make sure you don't miss the deadline than sending your entry as soon as possible? Don't worry, you can send in revisions up to the very end.

Submission must be mailed in PDF, Open Office, or Microsoft Word format to Alex Schröder → kensanata@gmail.com.

Check out the sweet loot awaiting the winners of this year's contest in the sponsor section of the One Page Dungeon Contest 2011 page.

Best of luck!
kensanata
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: One Page Dungeon Contest 2011

Post by kensanata »

Five more days!

I have integrated countless One Page Dungeon Contest submissions into my campaigns. It didn't matter whether they won or not. These One Page Dungeon Contest entries are a treasure trove of material. I absolutely love them. Everything you need, available at a glance.

There are close to fifty prizes available for the winners of the One Page Dungeon Contest 2011. How hard can it be? Take the events of your last session and write them up on a single page, digitize it and send it in. It's better to be safe than sorry – don't send it in a mere hours before the deadline. Send it in now and send any last minute corrections a mere hours before the deadline.

There is no easier way to loose than not participating. I hope you will participate! :)

Submission must be mailed in to Alex Schröder → kensanata@gmail.com.

Best of luck!
kensanata
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Winners!

Post by kensanata »

The judges have read all the submissions, have made all their notes, have nominated all their favorites, have reviewed all the candidates, and have determined the One Page Dungeon Contest 2011 Winners! :D

Return to “Goodman Games General”