Goodman Games, Troll Lord Merge to Create Good Lord Games

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Goodman Games, Troll Lord Merge to Create Good Lord Games

Post by goodmangames »

Goodman Games, Troll Lord Games Merge to Create Good Lord Games

April 1, 2007 – Goodman Games and Troll Lord Games are pleased to announce that they will be merging, effective immediately. The new company, to be called Good Lord Games, is being created in a complex deal rumored to involve an Arkansas hog, the secret location of the Chenault family still, and Goodman’s personal collection of TSR modules that inspired his line of Dungeon Crawl Copies adventure modules. I mean, Classics. Dungeon Crawl Classics.

“Guinness is a great beer, rich and frothy, with a wonderful heritage,” said Steve Chenault, President of Troll Lord Games. “It’s – Huh? Merger? Oh yeah, yeah, it’s great. Terrific. Now let’s get back to the beer!”

“This propitious merger of equals will unlock synergistic best practices in our quality-driven processes for product development,” said Joseph Goodman, President of Goodman Games. “And it opens brave new possibilities for more modules to rip off. Troll Lord has published dozens of modules we can assimilate!”

The two companies immediately announced an aggressive lineup of alphanumeric expansion, with Goodman handling the numeric and Troll Lord handling the alpha. Goodman will begin a newly numbered series of Dungeon Crawl Classics modules based on the Dewey Decimal System. Look for Dungeon Crawl Classics #24.12.1-8b: The Misfiled Module in a store near you. Troll Lord is taking the Castles & Crusades alliteration to the next level with three new games: Exploration & Expeditions, Fiends & Friends, and Gold & Glory. Chenault began this paragraph with another product line in mind, but after his ninth Guinness can’t get past G in the alphabet so screw it.

For more information, visit www.GoodLordGames.com.

P.S. This press release is an April Fool’s joke. If you haven’t realized that by now, please contact us at info@goodman-games.com regarding a bridge for sale.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Argamae
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Argamae »

Good heavens!!! :shock:

But maybe "Goodman Trolls" would have been a more fitting name... :twisted: :wink:
The lucky guy who gets to translate DCCs into German!
Done so far:
DCC#1, DCC #11, DCC #28, DCC #17, DCC #17.5 :)
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

It was also rumored that Steve Chenault didn't even know WHO he had merged with. After his ninth guinness, he wandered around the convention with his eyes closed (see photo above), and attempted to merger with anyone he could find.

Apparently, Troll Lord has mergered with both Goodman Games and Bill, the convention hall janitor.

"I jus' asked if he wanted to toss his beer bottle", says Bill, the new-found partner.

The spin-off company will be called BeerGoggle Games.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
DJ LaBoss
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DJ LaBoss »

hehehhehehhehehehehehhe
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

:oops: :oops: :oops:

dude i totally fell for this.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Mmmmmm...Guinness... 8)
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

Guinness. The beverage so good, you can eat it with a fork. :D

When I was in college, there was a local bar that featured $2 pints of Guinness on Thursday nights. I miss college ...
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Must be a college thing. My college town had the same.
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
Crazyjose
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Crazyjose »

I would have perfered "O Good Lord and Games" :lol:

Return to “Goodman Games General”