The Mysterious Tower for C&C

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

yodelero
Gongfarmer

The Mysterious Tower for C&C

Post by yodelero »

So I bought this module thinking that the info on the cover about it being for character levels 1-3 was accurate. Silly me! I open it up, and it says its for level 3-5.

I suppose its in keeping with C&C's nasty habit releases with lots of mispellings, but I am rather pissed off about it.

Here I buy a product with one expectation in mind, only to find out that there is a glaring error on the freakin' cover! NOT a good sign. Makes me question how 'good' goodman games is.

Oh sure, there's suggestions on how to scale the adventure but, I really wanted to run an introductory adventure with little to no prep time on my part.

Got an answer for me Goodman Games?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, here's the answer: I wrote the module, I published the module, and I made a typo on the cover! If you'd like a refund, just let me know and I will arrange it. But it's still a good adventure, and your party will probably enjoy it when they reach the right level. In the meantime, let me know of a 1st level DCC that you DO like and I can see about converting it to C&C.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
yodelero
Gongfarmer

Post by yodelero »

Well now, I didn't say I didn't like the module. So far, now that I had a chance to sit down with it, it looks good. Nice use of the ghost as the big bad. Just not what I was expecting for a 1st level party is all. I was pretty steamed when I posted, obviously, but I've cooled off. Thanks for responding, Joseph. I appreciate it.

I don't have any of the DCCs, but I have glanced at them in the store. I don't run 3e, so I didn't buy any. If I did, I'd probably run it with either C&C or HackMaster. Which brings up the question, any plans for any HackMaster modules? I'd definitely buy those!

I'm not giving up on you yet, Joe. I'll take a look at some of your other C&C modules tonight when I go to the store.

I'll just look a bit more cafefully this time :)
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

goodmangames wrote:Yes, here's the answer: I wrote the module, I published the module, and I made a typo on the cover! If you'd like a refund, just let me know and I will arrange it. But it's still a good adventure, and your party will probably enjoy it when they reach the right level. In the meantime, let me know of a 1st level DCC that you DO like and I can see about converting it to C&C.
Now that's customer-freakin-service. Wow.
Ozric
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ozric »

Save Vs. Death Ray wrote:[Now that's customer-freakin-service. Wow.
No kidding.

Mr. Goodman--You'll never become the sinister overlord of a mega-corporate conglomerate with business practices like that.

But you will get my respect...and more of my money :wink:
papaholdy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

I did the same thing!

Post by papaholdy »

Yes I was definatly confused. I says 1-3 on the cover, but I should no better because I have the DCC orginal.

But if you are offering, I don't want my money back, but a conversion of a 1st level DCC to a C&C module makes an excellent pennance! I would suggest DCC 35A but it is technicly a ) mlvl and I don't know how well C&C would do with the 0 lvl stuff. How about DCC #2?

I'd gladly send you my UPC. Or whatever.

-Scott H.

Return to “Goodman Games General”