iCon, an online gaming conference

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Kepli
Ill-Fated Peasant

iCon, an online gaming conference

Post by Kepli »

Clickable image

Announcing iConvention 2007!

Our team at Fouruglymonsters.com has decided to help move the gaming industry forward by producing an internet gaming convention on March 24 & 25 of this coming year. This has been done before so you may ask why we would attempt this venture, the reason is simple.

We see the future in online gaming, specifically Virtual Gaming Table applications such as Fantasy Grounds, MapTool, Battlegrounds, Kloogle.Werks, and others out there. These applications push the envelope of gaming and bring gaming to a large gaming audience already present on the web. It is also ushering a large return of those gamers who have moved on in their lives, now have a family and cannot get away for the weekly game. These 'mid-life' gamers are looking for ways to reconnect with their friends and their beloved hobby. These applications are enabling them and creating strong growth in the industry.

Along with the virtual gaming table applications, the recent growth of applications geared directly for gamers has increased. Applications such as PCGen, Dundjinni, Campaign Cartographer, Redblade, and e-Tools have ushered in a great new era of gaming, providing gamers with previously unknown power to unleash their creativity.

Already we have seen a stunning amount of support from many of the developers behind these applications and many have pledged support in the form of free products for door prizes, demonstrations of their applications, interviews with the development staff, and advertising on their websites. Among the sponsors is Goodman Games :D

Registration and Admission is free!

Our mission statement:
Our goal is to bring attention to the various Virtual Game Table and Gaming software products available to gamers wanting to capture the feel of live role-playing games when separated by physical boundaries.

At this time, the convention is in the planning and resource gathering stage. Suggestions are welcome. Continue to check back here for updates.

Sincerely,
The FourUglyMonsters.com

Convention - iConvention07 Registration now Open!

As of today the registration for iCon07 has opened. If you do not know what iCon07 is, it is a all online gaming convention showcasing the next generation of gaming using Virtual Gaming Table (VGT) applications. Some of you might have heard of OpenRPG in the past, maybe even used it. Forget about it. The VGTs available today are leaps and bounds ahead of what OpenRPG had to offer.
It is a FREE registration and we have a ton of sponsors that are donating time to run demonstrations of their software, posting tutorials, participating in interviews, running adventures using their VGTs, and many are offering prizes to be given away to participants during the convention.
If you have yet to experience online gaming using VGTs, or are like many of us and just cannot find the time or the people to get a local group together, take a step to help your gaming.

Open Registration has begun, please follow the following steps:
For iCon Registration, you first MUST be registered for the FUM forum.

Once you have completed that step, all one needs to do is click this link:
Click Here to Register for iCon 07!
Then select that you wish to join the iConRegistrant Usergroup.
One of our staff will verify your request and we will add you to the group, then you are in and ready for iCon to begin!
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I hope this turns into a big success. I'm not expecting that this year, I'm just hoping for "successful enough" this year to do again next year.

I believe the 3rd year is supposedly the key year to decide if its going to be successful or not.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

My request to join the group has been submitted.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Kepli
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Kepli »

Just approved the request Treebore ... hope you have a lot of fun at iCon :D
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

As a personal endorsement, I "superfan" Waxman have great faith in Kepli, a good friend from the Dundjinni forums. If he says that it will be good fun, IT WILL ROCK.

Trust your superfan!!!! Kepli and his team ROCK!!!!

Ben "superfan" Waxman
who learned everything he knows about mapping from Kepli
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Kepli
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Kepli »

Wow, that's a bit too much honor Ben :shock:

But you are right about iCon ... it's going to be a lot of fun :D
And don't forget that Goodman Games is one of the sponsors :wink:

Return to “Goodman Games General”