The Holiday Grab Bags

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

The Holiday Grab Bags

Post by goodmangames »

Hi everyone,

Santa Claus is visiting Goodman Games! Starting this Sunday and continuing while supplies last, we'll be offering special holiday grab bags. You’ll receive a mix of RPG supplements, miniatures, and/or card games. The grab bags will come in values of $25, $50, and $100. Each grab bag will have DOUBLE its face value in our products -- and you may receive a unique gift, as well! All $100 bags include a special item from our secret archives, including original hand-drawn maps, original art, one-of-a-kind convention specials, and more.

On Sunday, look for the grab bags in our online store:
http://www.goodman-games.com/store.php

Here's what's in the secret archives, in no particular order:

1) Gen Con 2006 “Torgo the Eye Gouger” shirt, size Large.
2) “The Complete Guide to Koboldkin,” sourcebook proposal by Yura Crapper, which is actually the secret tournament judge version of DCC #13: Crypt of the Devil Lich. Produced only for tournament judges at Gen Con 2004, this spiral-bound, pre-edit version has a false cover so players wouldn’t be tempted to sneak a peak at it.
3) 11”x17” cover print of DCC #20: The Mask of Death, by Kevin Lodge, one of a few used to create the movie props featured in The Gamers II: Dorkness Rising.
4) A copy of the real third printing of DCC #1: Idylls of the Rat King, the one featuring a misprint. Only 50 copies were not destroyed, and many of them were given to Goodman Games employees, DMs, and volunteers at Gen Con 2006 as a thank-you for their help. Due to unforeseen circumstances, one person didn’t make the con, so I have his copy left over.
5) “Complete Guide to Kobolds,” sourcebook proposal by Yura Crapper, similar to above except this one features the pre-edit tournament judge version of DCC #30: Vault of the Dragon Kings.
6) Shrink-wrapped pack of 10 Gen Con Indy 2005 tournament player packs, used in the Vault of the Dragon Kings tournament.
7) DCC #17.5: War of the Witch Queen, pulled from Joseph’s personal collection.
8 ) Printer proofs of DCC #13: Crypt of the Devil Lich.
9) Mike Ferguson’s photocopied, poster-sized hand sketch of the Lostlands continent map, from the development stages of DCC World.
10) Matt Sprengeler’s original hand-drawn maps to Iron Heroes: To Duel with Dragons.
11) Matt Sprengeler’s original hand-drawn maps to Iron Heroes: Song of the Blade.
12) Patrick Younts’ original hand-drawn maps to DCC #18: Citadel of the Demon Prince.
13) Mike Ferguson’s original hand-drawn maps to DCC #16: Curse of the Emerald Cobra.
14) Harley Stroh’s photocopied hand-drawn maps to DCC #17: Legacy of the Savage Kings.
15) Andrew Hind’s original hand-drawn map to The Golden Auroch, from DCC #29: The Adventure Begins.
16) Uncut cover proofs to one or more of these titles:
a) DCC #5: Aerie of the Crow God
b) DCC #15: Lost Tomb of the Sphinx Queen
c) DCC #27: Revenge of the Rat King (cover B)
d) DCC #31: The Transmuter’s Last Touch
e) DCC #32: Golden Palace of Zahadran
f) DCC #33: Belly of the Great Beast
g) DCC #34: Cage of Delirium
h) Etherscope: Mysteries of the Occult
i) Xcrawl: Necromerica
17) Up to 3 pounds of bagged, unpackaged DCC miniatures, from the pre-release casts of the early waves.
18 ) The “gave Joseph a heart attack” printer proofs for DCC #35: Gazetteer of the Known Realms. This is a one-of-a-kind hand-assembled version of the entire boxed set, delivered from China as the printer proof, where the printer screwed up every even-numbered page in Halls of the Minotaur by substituting pages from The Thief Lord’s Vault. Being Chinese, they didn’t notice the bizarre English-language text flow from even to odd pages, and sent the proof in this condition. I nearly had a heart attack and rushed to stop production before they manufactured any that looked like this. Correcting the problem set production back by two critical days and almost caused the boxed set to miss Gen Con. Frankly, I’ll be glad to get these proofs out of my sight!
19) Harley Stroh’s photocopies of hand-drawn maps for DCC World, one iteration during development of DCC #35.
20) Another of Harley’s photocopies of the hand-drawn maps for DCC World, a second iteration during development of DCC #35.
21) A rare copy of the first 3.0-edition printing of Complete Guide to Liches, the one that sold out in a month.
22) A big box of blue dice marked with a G for the one pip, produced originally by gamers.com but acquired by Goodman Games as a convention/mail order freebie early in our existence because gamers.com went out of business and someone I know has a basement full of these dice and hey, who really knows whether the G is for Goodman or gamers.com?
23) A one-of-a-kind 6-sided die with “Goodman Games” printed for the one pip, produced by a vendor attempting to wow me and get an order for several thousand of these dice. (He didn’t get the order. But it is a cool die.)
24) A copy of Dungeon Crawl Classics #16: Curse of the Emerald Cobra autographed by author Mike Ferguson, along with a copy of his original adventure notes and the first proposal he pitched for the adventure (see how much changed from start to finish!)
25) A copy of Dungeon Crawl Classics #3: The Mysterious Tower, autographed by cover artist Erol Otus
26) A copy of Dungeon Crawl Classics #25: The Dread Crypt of Srihoz, autographed by cover artist Erol Otus
27) A copy of Dungeon Crawl Classics #0: Legends are Made, not Born, the original Dundracon release from Erol Otus’s personal collection, autographed by him
28 ) Original art by DCC fan favorite Brad McDevitt: the back cover art to Dungeon Crawl Classics #3: The Mysterious Tower
29) Original art by DCC fan favorite Brad McDevitt: a scene from the upcoming adventure DCC #41: Arrows of Aristemis
30) Original art by DCC fan favorite Brad McDevitt: the “Chomper” scene from Xcrawl: Necromerica
31) Original art by Jim Roslof: two pencil sketch studies for his upcoming cover to Dungeon Crawl Classics #43: Curse of the Barrens
32) Original art by Jim Roslof: pencil sketch for the "owlbear revisited" frontispiece to Dungeon Crawl Classics #43: Curse of the Barrens
33) 11”x17” color print of front cover art to Dungeon Crawl Classics #28: Into the Wilds, autographed by artist Jim Roslof
34) Luke Johnson’s original hand-drawn map to Dungeon Crawl Classics: Deep Ruin, which appeared in Knights of the Dinner Table #117
35) Original post-production green for the DCC miniature “Deadly Fungus”
36) Original post-production green for the DCC miniature “Lawrence Gannu, Rat King” (wererat form)
37) Two unclaimed mail orders. Believe it or not, people buy from our online store, give us incorrect addresses, and cause their packages to get returned. Then they don’t respond to email and never contact us to claim their packages! I have two unclaimed packages that were returned by the post office and are more than two months old. At this point it’s finders keepers. I don’t remember what’s in these packages, but you’ll find out!
38 ) One of Adrian Pommier’s autographed maps from Palace in the Wastes, the Gen Con 2006 DCC tournament module. Be the first person outside our crew to see a complete level map from this killer dungeon!
39) Ken Hart’s autographed outline, notes, and pregens for As the Worm Turns, an all-new and completely playable DragonMech adventure that he ran at Gen Con 2005

Watch for the grab bags to appear on our store this Sunday. Post here once you get your order so we know who got what!
Last edited by goodmangames on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

OK, since I don't look to win the Ultimate Gamers Table on eBay, would it be worth my while to order 3 $100.00 grab bags?

Meaning if I were to do that would you be aware of it, and make a concious effort to minimize duplication between my 3 bags? Or would it be better just to order 2 if you would do that?
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

BTW, I am NOT announcing this on ENWorld. This si something I think should be contained to board visitors only for at least a couple of weeks. So unless Joe G. wants to announce it how about the rest of us keep it hush hush until after December 1st?

Give board members time to get money together and such.
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Treebore wrote:BTW, I am NOT announcing this on ENWorld. This si something I think should be contained to board visitors only for at least a couple of weeks. So unless Joe G. wants to announce it how about the rest of us keep it hush hush until after December 1st?

Give board members time to get money together and such.
And How!
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

Crazy! if you get the war of the Witch Queen, you just made your investment:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Goodman-Games-Dundr ... 0048883087

sucker went for $81 when we could have paid $10.99?!?!

I just hope who ever gets it, plays it.
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

I am SO in for a $100 gift bag. Just the chance at some of that stuff is making my mouth drool!!!!!

Can't wait for Sunday!!!

The Superfan must own Super amounts. It's in the contract!!!! :D
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Treebore wrote:Meaning if I were to do that would you be aware of it, and make a concious effort to minimize duplication between my 3 bags? Or would it be better just to order 2 if you would do that?
We can try to minimize duplication between multiple orders. If you ordered enough product there would have to be some duplication (e.g., three $100 grab bags = $600 worth of product! there's bound to be some duplication in there). But if you order the grab bags together in the same order we'll pick them knowing they're all for one person, and try to avoid duplication.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Excellent! Now I have to see if my wife will leave me enough money.
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

I as Superfan, have purchased the first $100 grab bag.

Now let me go pray to Tiamat that I get the limited ed. module!!!!!

Ben "praying for a miracle" Waxman :D :D
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I unfortunately must wait until all our Christmas shopping is done before I will know how much money we have available. The spendmeister assures me she will be done by December 1st.

It looks like I will be able to buy as many grab bags as I want. So that is good.

So between the Goodman grab bags and the Kenzer grab bags I should definitely enjoy the holiday season.

Now if only the Trolls could be convinced to do grab bags.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I unfortunately must wait until all our Christmas shopping is done before I will know how much money we have available. The spendmeister assures me she will be done by December 1st.

It looks like I will be able to buy as many grab bags as I want. So that is good.

So between the Goodman grab bags and the Kenzer grab bags I should definitely enjoy the holiday season.

Now if only the Trolls could be convinced to do grab bags.
Napftor
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Napftor »

Just nabbed one of the $100 grab bags plus a couple recent releases I didn't have yet. I don't know that I have a preference for the mystery item. They almost all sound cool.
Bret Boyd
Freelance Writer
------------------------
Tricky Owlbear Publishing
Freelancer's Rest (my blog)
moriarty777
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by moriarty777 »

I think this is really cool. I *REALLY* want to nab one of those grab bags... especially since I'm only starting to pick up some of these products. Must ... carefully ... squeeze ... budget for all it's worth !!!

;)

Moriarty the Red
N'Haaz-aua
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by N'Haaz-aua »

Joseph,

Can we get an official word on when/if we can give away our tournament GM copies from GenCon. I'm holding onto the full copy of "Palace" in hopes I can run it at another con prior to release, but I was considering passing my 2 levels of annotated "Dragon Kings" to a another fan if its allowed.
Jet Jaguar
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Jet Jaguar »

Warduke wrote:Crazy! if you get the war of the Witch Queen, you just made your investment:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Goodman-Games-Dundr ... 0048883087

sucker went for $81 when we could have paid $10.99?!?!

I just hope who ever gets it, plays it.
There's another copy of it for sale on eBay right now!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0058980333

Maybe I can get it for less than $81 ... :D
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Well, I started the upward leaps in price on that auction.
Napftor
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Napftor »

Jet Jaguar wrote:
There's another copy of it for sale on eBay right now!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0058980333

Maybe I can get it for less than $81 ... :D
Judging by the seller's initials and the address, I'm guessing this is DCC author Mike Ferguson's copy.
Bret Boyd
Freelance Writer
------------------------
Tricky Owlbear Publishing
Freelancer's Rest (my blog)
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Got mine! 8)
Last edited by CharlieRock on Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roll for initiative!!!
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Treebore wrote:Excellent! Now I have to see if my wife will leave me enough money.
http://www.cruisegazing.com/RPG_Motivat ... called.jpg

This is MrsCharlie soon after I return from Tabletop Game&Hobby. :wink:
Roll for initiative!!!
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

Napftor wrote:Judging by the seller's initials and the address, I'm guessing this is DCC author Mike Ferguson's copy.
Yeah ... it's my copy. For some reason, I ordered two copies when it first came out. I'm not much of a collector - I don't like having games if I'm not going to use them - so I figured I'd put the extra copy up for sale. Gives me some spending money for new games ... :)
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Quick question:

When are these babies shipping??? I can't wait!!!!

Ben
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Just got mine.

Special treat was the "special" 3rd printing of DCC #1, with the misprint!

Worth every penny, and lots of great presents for my friends for Xmas.

Highly recommended!!!

Ben "superfan" Waxman
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

wow.......that has to be worth an insane amount, if collectors even know about it. only 50 survived and the superfan has one!
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
snakewing
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by snakewing »

I haven't got mine yet and I ordered it over a week and a half ago.

Any idea how long the delivery time is?

Tim Grubbs
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

snakewing wrote:I haven't got mine yet and I ordered it over a week and a half ago.

Any idea how long the delivery time is?

Tim Grubbs
Mine just arrived! Vive la 'Complete Guides'! 8)
Going off my posted order date ... 12 days altogether. Not too bad (I had to force myself to think of other things).
Roll for initiative!!!

Return to “Goodman Games General”