Users with no posts

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Users with no posts

Post by JediOre »

As of 10/23 we have 636 members with no posts!

I'm not real savey with web forums. Is it normal to have over half of a board's membership to be silent? Why would someone become a member if they had no interest in posting?

I'm bored because I'm on hold with support for the bookstore's new computer system. It's 50 degrees in Lincoln, Nebraska according to the weather man on the station piped in for hold music.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I dunno. Some of those posters are spam accounts. Now that I have this fancy new approval system there shouldn't be too many (if any) spam accounts getting created, but there are still some lurking out there waiting to declare themselves worthy of deletion by making a bogus post...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Perhaps we need a good idea to stimulate traffic. Perhaps once a week all the posters on the forum can get entered in a drawing to win a $10 off gift certificate good at the Goodman Games online store?

Everyone loves prizes, especially ones that rock so hard!!!

Ben
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Maliki
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Maliki »

Note so rare, I spend a lot of time hanging out at Dragonsfoots forums, and there are 1217 members with no posts, out of 2920. Many more with only 1-2 posts.
Never throw rocks at a man with a Vorpal Sword
Chris McCoy
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Chris McCoy »

I'm still here, I swear!

Someone just needs to poke me with a sharp stick sometimes.
Chris McCoy
Freelance Game Designer and Goblin Wrangler
Writing Portfolio
Whizbang Dustyboots
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Whizbang Dustyboots »

Those are spam accounts. The spammers outsmarted the new protections phpBB came up with instantly. I run two boards and saw the exact thing happen.
Wes
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Wes »

Not so strange. I help Admin/Mod over @ the K&C forums. We have almost 5000 reg. users, but only ~500 are considered "Active".
Actually...this IS the best Western RPG ever written. You can quote me on that. ~ David_S_Kenzer
moriarty777
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by moriarty777 »

Hey!

I just wanted to say HI and briefly introduce myself. I came across Goodman Games through the products they've released for C&C. Both of those mods (hopefully more conversions are coming down the pipe soon) were fantastic and prompted me to take a closer look at the company that makes them.

I love most of everything I've seen including the rest of the DCC series. I've been gaming for the past 20 years and with the caliber of this material, I'll be playing for at least another 20! It simply goes well with the feel I try and re-create for the types of games I run... and ideally... those I enjoy playing.

Keep up the fantastic work!

Moriarty the Red
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Thanks for the kind words, Moriarty! And don't worry, we have the next C&C conversion in layout now. More details on future C&C adventures will be announced in the coming months.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
moriarty777
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by moriarty777 »

That's great to hear! Looking forward to it!

M

Return to “Goodman Games General”