Subscription service??? Hot dang!!

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Subscription service??? Hot dang!!

Post by Treebore »

Joe, will this service also get us the special Gencon releases, as well as any other "special" release?
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
guslandt
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by guslandt »

Holy Cow! That's awesome news! I'm definately signing up. :D
I would LOVE if they would include ALL special edition modules in that service. I'd even pay a premium price on the special mods for the convenience. I can't wait to hear them answer the special edition question!
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Superfan will join up IF the special convention modules will be included. If not, I'll support my local FLGS, and pickup copies that have not been abused by my LPMC (local psychotic mail carrier) :D
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

I'm with you Superfan.

It would be a shame to not stop by A to Z Comics to purchase my DCCs!

This is a hard thing to lay before the fan base, okay, before me!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Hi guys,

Yes, the subscription service will include any con specials and other special modules.

I'm offering this service because I've heard from a lot of fans who already buy online and appreciate the convenience factor of a subscription. For everyone else, please support your local game store! If you already purchase the modules there, please don't change that pattern. Keep mom'n'pop game stores in business!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

My LGS is 54 miles away and even though he is on your stores list he doesn't have any DCC's on his shelves. I found this out when I went there to see if he was supporting your 20% discount sale about 4 to 6 months back.

Its Pyramid (sp?) in Sierra Vista, AZ.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Treebore wrote:My LGS is 54 miles away and even though he is on your stores list he doesn't have any DCC's on his shelves. I found this out when I went there to see if he was supporting your 20% discount sale about 4 to 6 months back.

Well, that's not cool of him! I'll see if I can get him to carry the line.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

What great news!!!! Special modules plus convenience!

Make mine a double!!!!

You should also consider including a gift subscription option so that gamers can get a subscription gift to their GM....talk about being hit by the HINT stick!!!!! :D

Fight on~

Ben "superfan" Waxman
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Treebore wrote:My LGS is 54 miles away and even though he is on your stores list he doesn't have any DCC's on his shelves. I found this out when I went there to see if he was supporting your 20% discount sale about 4 to 6 months back.

Just wanted to let you know that our sales guy spoke with the owner of Pirimid Comics & Games. He says he carries the DCC's but focuses more on bringing in new ones than having the old ones on the shelves. He asked that any customers wanting older DCC's be sure to ask him so he can order them. So, this won't be any help for your past trip, but if you call ahead next time he should be able to help you out. Hope that helps.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I hope it does. I have to wonder since what he told your sales person doesn't jive with what he said when I went in there to see if he was supporting/passing along your 20% off sale.

If it doesn't there will be the subscription service and other on line resources.
guslandt
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by guslandt »

I'm mailing in my subscription form today! My nearest dealer is nearly an hour away, so this will be very nice to be sure I get new mods in a timely manner.
I must say though, that the inclusion of the special edition modules, while a FANTASTIC idea, makes me wonder if people would be subscribing to this service even if their FLGS was just down the block. Since the local game stores don't carry special edition mods, I would be subscribing to this service no matter how clase my FLGS was.

This begs the question - any chance of a second type of subscription service? A 'special edition module only' subscription? I know that's only 1-3 modules a year, but it would be ideal to be able to support a FLGS by buying the regular mods, and still get all the special edition mods. 8)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

guslandt wrote:This begs the question - any chance of a second type of subscription service? A 'special edition module only' subscription? I know that's only 1-3 modules a year, but it would be ideal to be able to support a FLGS by buying the regular mods, and still get all the special edition mods. 8)
The subscription service shouldn't substitute for trips to your local game store! Please keep supporting them. The special edition modules will continue to be available via online ordering (like with DCC #12.5 1E right now) after each event. If you're on our mailing list, you'll get notice of any special edition modules and still have the opportunity to buy them while supporting your local game store.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

I try to buy all of my DCC's from my LGS. The only one I haven't bought was 17.5 and they just didn't have that one on the shelf.

So far they haven't gotten the reprting of Idylls of the Rat King either. I may end up having to order that one too.
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

goodmangames wrote:The subscription service shouldn't substitute for trips to your local game store! Please keep supporting them. The special edition modules will continue to be available via online ordering (like with DCC #12.5 1E right now) after each event. If you're on our mailing list, you'll get notice of any special edition modules and still have the opportunity to buy them while supporting your local game store.
Also, if your local game store doesn't currently have any DCCs on the shelf ... talk to the folks working there and see if they can order them for you!

One of the stores in my area wasn't ordering DCCs simply because the owners had never heard about them, and no customers had ever asked for them. They ordered a copy of "Into the Wilds" for me, and then other DCCs started appearing on the shelves. Looks like they're selling pretty well, too. :)
ChristinaStiles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

DCC Subs/pdfs

Post by ChristinaStiles »

Joseph, I would be interested in receiving both a hardcopy and an electronic one (I like the pdf for actual game play). Is there any way this could be combined in a subscription format, with perhaps a discount on the pdf for buying both?

Christina Stiles
Christina Stiles
DCC #21 Assault on Stormbringer Castle, DCC #22 The Stormbringer Juggernaut, DCC #49: Palace in the Wastes; Dragonmech: The Last City, 2nd Age of Walkers, Steam Warriors
zirzird
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by zirzird »

I second that request, Joseph. I would prefer to use a .pdf during play, but I also want hardcopies for the shelf.
Contributor to DCC #49: The Palace in the Wastes.
Contributor to the upcoming The Adventure Continues.
Author of an upcoming DCC.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Hmm, okay. Let me think about that...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
guslandt
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by guslandt »

Another 'issue' I just thought of - what about reprints? If someone already owns DCC #8, and you do a 2nd printing of #8, will the subscriber automatically get it?
Some collector types will want that 2nd printing, and other non-collectors will not.
How will it work as of now?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

The subscription only applies to new titles. If a subscriber wants a reprint, they can email me and I can ship it out and bill them as part of their subscription.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
ChristinaStiles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Subscription Away!

Ok, my subscription order is in the mail. I just wanted to add that I'd be interested in a mega subscription program that provided the customer with the hard copy of the module, the before-requested discounted copy of the pdf, and any new miniatures out.

That would be my ideal subscription service.

Of course, a Christmas miniatures bundle package would be great, too! And, have you ever thought of doing Christmas bundles like Palladium Books does?
Christina Stiles
DCC #21 Assault on Stormbringer Castle, DCC #22 The Stormbringer Juggernaut, DCC #49: Palace in the Wastes; Dragonmech: The Last City, 2nd Age of Walkers, Steam Warriors
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Kenzer does a fun grap bag over the Christmas season as well. I usually buy the $100.00 one.
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

I broke down and sent in my subscription. Goodman just puts out some of the best product around. And what the hell, I deserve it.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I lived in Charleston, SC until December of last year. Closing on my house there next week (I hope!).

Where are you at Christina?
ChristinaStiles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

PeelSeel2 wrote:I broke down and sent in my subscription. Goodman just puts out some of the best product around. And what the hell, I deserve it.
Hey, I like your attitude! I'll use that as my justification, too. :D
Christina Stiles
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Don't we ALL deserve a subscription??? :D :D

Help celebrate D&D day tomorrow by giving someone you love a subscription to the best RPG products around!

Ben "superfan" Waxman

Return to “Goodman Games General”