Goodman games online store

General talk about Goodman Games. If it doesn't go anywhere else, post it here. Includes news, announcements, questions, gossip, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

shotofentropy
Gongfarmer

Goodman games online store

Post by shotofentropy »

Does a shipping confirmation get sent out from the store, or is it part of the old school feel? Impatiently hating having a snow day and no book.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Goodman games online store

Post by GnomeBoy »

Been awhile since I ordered directly from the online store, but IIRC you places your order and waitses. Old school-style.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
sniderman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by sniderman »

I come from the era of mail orders, money orders, and "Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery." We're living in a golden age of ordering/receiving products. Patience, young one.
cajunofficer
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Shuffle and Cut, La Habra, CA

Post by cajunofficer »

Just picked up DCC RPG from a LGS and really excited about diving into it with my gaming group.

However, I picked up additional materials and swag this week from the online store......and no confirmation of my order, no tracking number, no reply to my emails, nothing!

I get the "old school vibe", and I mean I really dig it. But not when I make a $90 purchase at the online store -- am I correct that no one gets any communication regarding orders placed online?
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

cajunofficer wrote:...am I correct that no one gets any communication regarding orders placed online?
I think you should have had a confirmation from PayPal that the payment went through, yeah?

I wouldn't say there isn't *any* communication for people placing orders, just not that hand-holding sort of communication we've all come to expect from online shopping... "Your order was placed" "Your order is being packed" "Your order has shipped!" "Your order will be delivered to your address today" etc.

If you have questions about the order, I think they do answer those -- just keep in mind, it's a small operation (I'm honestly not sure if they 'operate' 5 days a week, or not), and they may not get back to you super fast...
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

cajunofficer
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by cajunofficer »

I did get payment confirmation from PayPal, but that does not confirm that GG has received my order. PayPal is just the bank involved in the transfer of funds, not confirming/processing my order. If my order was, lets say under $50 bucks, I wouldn't really care, but this was $90...so its reasonable to ensure they received and are processing it.

So after a few days, I got a an email reply from Keith confirming my order had been received and they would ship it as soon as they are able. All good/no issues. :D

However, I also received an anonymous separate email reply from Goodman Games that was, well...snarky. I wouldn't think they would be kinda bitchy as a company, especially since I got a nice email from Keith, but I guess they don't like you emailing them and asking about your order.

So, the take-away for everyone is this: GG online purchases will not be confirmed unless you email Keith directly, and there won't be any notification of shipments, tracking numbers, etc. You will get it when you get it. Sucks, but that is what GG thinks is appropriate customer service. Great products/weak customer service.
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Having used PayPal in the past as a shopping cart system myself, PayPal sends the buyer and e-mail and are also sending the seller an e-mail with the order, all at once. FWIW. PayPal's note is the equivalent of "your order was placed", more or less.
cajunofficer wrote:However, I also received an anonymous separate email reply from Goodman Games that was, well...snarky....
And that is ...weird. I don't recall ever getting an anonymous e-mail from them. And certainly not one that was snarky. What address did it come from? The same as Keith's? Not that it's any of my business -- it just sounds odd.

cajunofficer
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by cajunofficer »

Yeah, it was from: info@goodmangames.com. I emailed Keith first, and when I didn't get a response, I emailed "info"....I got keith's reply, then a while later got the grumpy one from "info".

Not a big deal, really....whatever.

On a side note, we ran our first funnel this past Sunday, and DCC was more fun than we expected. Now I am really looking forward to the modules I ordered!
bat
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bat »

All I get is a message when the order is sent from "the Dark Master".

Return to “Goodman Games General”