Dungeon Crawl Classics #34:
Cage of Delirium
An Adventure for Character Levels 6-8
Remember the good old days, when adventures were underground, NPCs were there to be killed, and the finale of every dungeon was the dragon on the 20th level? Those days are back. Dungeon Crawl Classics adventures donít waste your time with long-winded speeches, weird campaign settings, or NPCs who arenít meant to be killed. Each adventure is 100% good, solid dungeon crawl, with the monsters you know, the traps you remember, and the secret doors you know are there somewhere.
For decades, the ruined mansion south of town has been the source of furtive whispers and ill omens. While many have forgotten the night the sky burned red and the old halls fell to flame, all know that now its grounds are a dead place, where only fools and the suicidal dare tread. Yet those who do remember that fateful night nearly forty years ago can tell another tale: a tale of generosity, good intentions, and an unlikely romance, but also of jealousy, blasphemous curiosity, and demoniac insanity. The mansion to the south wasnít just some fopís manor house, they say, but a hospital - an asylum of the insane. Now the heroes must infiltrate the long-abandoned, fire-scarred, and cursed halls of Haverthold Asylum. Can they put to rest the spirits that still stalk the ruinís halls?
- Includes Gates of Delirium, a complete soundtrack on CD specially cued to the adventure! Each room instructs the DM to cue the appropriate track, providing a truly immersive role playing experience.
- Produced in cooperation with the award-winning musicians from Midnight Syndicate.
- A truly unique adventuring experience that mixes puzzle-solving, mysteries, NPC interaction, and combat like youíve never seen it before.
- Written by Dragon editor Wes Schneider with cover art by TSR legend Erol Otus.
Rules Set: d20 v3.5.
Áereth Map Grid: MM3.
- Nomination, Best Adventure, 2007 Gen Con ENnie Awards
- EN World: 5 stars. "A very memorable adventure, and the included soundtrack shows that Goodman isn't afraid of taking risks with new product ideas."
Staff Review: 4 stars. "Haunted House movies are my favorite, and it is difficult to make a good one these days... Cage of Delirium comes very close to capturing the fear of a Haunted House movie without taking too much away from the Dungeons and Dragons aspect."
Writer: F. Wesley Schneider
Cover Artist: Erol Otus
Back Cover Artist: Michael Erickson
Interior Artists: Ian Armstrong, Jason Edwards, Doug Kovacs, Cliff Kurowski, William McAusland, Brad McDevitt, Jesse Mohn, Stefan Poag
Cartographer: Jeremy Simmons
GMG5033, 64 pages plus CD, $24.99.