Dungeon Crawl Classics #30:
Vault of the Dragon Kings
An Adventure for 10th Level Characters
Remember the good old days, when adventures were underground, NPCs were there to be killed, and the finale of every dungeon was the dragon on the 20th level? Those days are back. Dungeon Crawl Classics don't waste your time with long-winded speeches, weird campaign settings, or NPCs who aren't meant to be killed. Each adventure is 100% good, solid dungeon crawl, with the monsters you know, the traps you fear, and the secret doors you know are there somewhere.
This special tournament module was used for the Second Annual Dungeon Crawl Classics Open Tournament at Gen Con Indy 2005. It includes the official tournament scoring system, pregenerated characters, and illustrated player handouts. In the lofty reaches of a distant mountain range lies an ancient vault shrouded in mystery. An evil dragon has penetrated the vault in order to bring about a new age of dragons -- an age that has no place for the likes of man, dwarf or elf. Only the heroes can stop him!
- All-new front cover art by TSR legend Erol Otus -- and all-new back cover art by TSR legend Jeff Dee!
- A brutal dungeon that only the strongest will survive
- Tournament results and recap, including PC death rates by level
Rules Set: d20 v3.5.
Áereth Map Grid: TM9.
Tournament Results: For a recap of the Gen Con tournament, click here.
- RPG Now Staff Review: 5 stars. "Vault of the Dragon Kings is one of the best adventures produced in the Dungeon Crawl Classics series. It is the kind of adventure that makes me mad I did not sign up for it at Gencon."
- RPG Now Staff Review: 5 stars. "Vault of the Dragon Kings is a great example of a large, classic style dungeon crawl. There's a lot of things to do here, an interesting backstory, glittering treasure, and a bunch of monsters to kill. Goodman Games lives up to the expectations, delivering something thoroughly modern with an old-school flavor."
- Dungeon Crawl Classics #30: Vault of the Dragon Kings (Tournament Edition)
- The Castellan, Half-Dragon Ettin
- Skeletal Wyrmling
- Sleastakk, Lizardman Fighter
- Charp, Lizardman Ranger
- Hbkir, Lizardman Cleric
- Glynn Trollbane, Human Sorcerer
- Loros Truebow, Human Ranger/Cleric
- Ubo Gutrot, Dwarf Barbarian
- Veriander Lyras, Half-Elven Cleric/Rogue
- Oddwit Silverheel, Gnome Fighter-Bard
- Ynnen "Chitter-Chatter," Kobold Rogue/Ranger
Developer and Project Manager: Jason Little
Lead Writer: Jason Little
Additional Writing & Development: Chris Doyle, Joseph Goodman, Jeff McSpadden, Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel, Harley Stroh
Stat Blocks & Creature Development: Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel, Jason Little
Front Cover Artist: Erol Otus
Back Cover Artist: Jeff Dee
Proofreading and Editing: John Cooper
Publisher and Graphic Designer: Joseph Goodman
Gen Con Tournament Coordinator: Chris Doyle
Gen Con Tournament Judges: Chris Anderson, Chris Doyle, Dan Forest, Jason Goodwin, Ken Hart, Erica King, Jason Little, Ken McKutchen, Jeff "Iron DM" McSpadden, Adrian Pommier, Todd Rooks
GMG5029, 128 pages, $21.99.
The mad dragon attacks!
It takes more than bravado to penetrate the Vault...
The Vault wasnít built for humans.
Horrific guardians confront you even in the outer holdings!
Braving the ancient Valley of the Fallen is only the beginning...
Within the Vault itself, prepare for the deadliest of dangers!