Dungeon Crawl Classics #14:
Six Adventures for Character Levels 1-13
Remember the good old days, when adventures were underground, NPCs were there to be killed, and the finale of every dungeon was the dragon on the 20th level? Those days are back. Dungeon Crawl Classics don't waste your time with long-winded speeches, weird campaign settings, or NPCs who aren't meant to be killed. Each adventure is 100% good, solid dungeon crawl, with the monsters you know, the traps you fear, and the secret doors you know are there somewhere.
This module is a collection of six related adventures designed to be played nonconsecutively over the course of a campaign. Each adventure builds on the one before it, but is complete and stand-alone. This allows the DM to weave an ongoing plot line into his larger campaign, which gets revealed bit by bit, one episode at a time. As the heroes progress in level, they slowly uncover a great plot by an ancient summoner to forge the Oculum Infernae, a terrifying artifact that will allow him to read the heavens with perfect clarity. Only by stopping his efforts can the heroes ensure that the evil wizard won't summon an army of unspeakable terror!
- A new approach to adventures: six stand-alone modules designed to be played at different times in a campaign, which slowly weave a connected storyline
- Each adventure can be played on its own, or they can be tied to the larger metaplot
- Six separate adventures each with its own distinct theme, including such unique settings as a paladin's burial sanctuary, the lair of a xill trophy hunter, and a wizard's tower sinking into a tar pit
- A climactic finale where the PCs must stop an evil summoner from bringing an army of devils into the world
- 16 illustrated player handouts
Rules Set: d20 v3.5.
Áereth Map Grid:
- Eye of the Night: MM4 (northwest of Oldarch Forest).
- The Defiled Sanctuary: MM4 (at Blessings-Be).
- The Hunter of Worlds: MM3 (in Blackbriar Wood).
- The Dunerain Mines: MM2.
- The Sinking Spire: MM8 (in the jungle southwest of Jolzin).
- The War of the Summoner: MM8 (in the mountains known as the Sentinels).
Errata: Visit our forums for errata.
Writer: Jason Little
Front Cover Artist: Chuck Whelon
Back Cover Artist: Brad McDevitt
Interior Artists: Ian Armstrong, Stacy Drum, Jason Edwards, Tom Galambos, Friedrich Haas, James Holloway, Cliff Kurowski, Brad McDevitt, Jesse Mohn, Chris Watkins
Cartographer: Jeremy Simmons
GMG5013, 88 pages, $18.99.
Prepare for an epic battle against a master summoner!
Beware the museum of flesh...
The thornblood druid: is he friend or foe?
Hey! Who's driving that sword?
Before the adventures are over, the characters will do battle in every element.
As always, lots of great player handouts!